Dance Moms

I'm glad to see this thread again - I could not find it last time I looked.

I love watching this show for both the dancing and the crazy moms. The mom I have the least tolerance for is Kelly. Absolutely nothing makes her happy, and she thinks everything is a conspiracy against her girls. Then she has the nerve to change choreography and pull the girls from their numbers at the last minute. She also needs serious help with her over-the-top makeup and those ridiculous droopy long pieces of hair by her face. Drives me nuts.
I think she does those things because there's no talking rationally to Abby.

I think both Cathy and Abby are nuts.

The moms I can kind of understand. When you're dealing with such an impossible, stubborn person you can either act out or do something sneaky.

My DVR didn't record that...Can't wait to see that!

It was terrible when Abby called Chloe a sneaky child. :shucks:A remark like that will stay with that kid forever. I wonder how much of the drama is real, though? You just never know with all these reality (not really reality) shows.

I don't remember anything sneaky that Chloe has done. Do you think Abby is referring to the field trip she went on, and didn't mention it the day before?

Abby's timing sucks. She really could not have waited until they were back at the studio to have Maddie show her Drop Dead Diva routine?

No way am I Team Abby, but I kind of believe she didn't do it to rub it in their faces.

I think I figured something out about Vivi (and this may not be new information, but it just occurred to me): Vivi can't dance worth a damn.

But when most people can't do something and they care about it, they keep practicing until they get better at it. She just doesn't care. She doesn't want to dance. But she's not exactly at the right age where she can say, "Mom, eff this noise! I want to play softball!" so she stays onstage like a human prop.

Her mom's happy because she's onstage. Vivi's happy because she was probably promised a present to be on that stage.

I'm not saying this is a good set-up. I'm just saying it's their set-up.

I think I figured something out about Vivi (and this may not be new information, but it just occurred to me): Vivi can't dance worth a damn.

But when most people can't do something and they care about it, they keep practicing until they get better at it. She just doesn't care. She doesn't want to dance. But she's not exactly at the right age where she can say, "Mom, eff this noise! I want to play softball!" so she stays onstage like a human prop.

Her mom's happy because she's onstage. Vivi's happy because she was probably promised a present to be on that stage.

I'm not saying this is a good set-up. I'm just saying it's their set-up.

Refresh my memory - is Vivi the daughter of the woman who owns Candy Apples?

I remember talking to my aunt about this show and, despite all the yelling and the obvious favoritism of Maddie, if I had a child and they wanted to take dance classes, I'd rather they take them from Abby Lee than from Cathy.

With Abby, it's straightforward: you go in there, you compete, you win.

With Cathy, she seems to advocate cheating. She brings in ringers, she lies about her dancer's age, she steals music, she uses her daughter as a human prop, she poaches dancers . . . . Plus, there's always that existing vendetta against Abby.

Last edited: