Will SAs from Chanel store know the purse's authenticity when you send it for repair?

Ladies also remember to remove your authenticity cards from the bag and the dustbag too. You should keep them with you. I remember hearing that Chanel repair has lostthem.

They should need nothing but the bag from you, no reciept, no cards, just the bag. GL. It is almost 10 weeks and I am still waiting for mine. :smile:

It's probably almost ready, do you plan to call Chanel to check on the repair status? :biggrin:

Chanbal said:
I would call them and check on the status of the repair. Please let us know when you get it. :smile:

I keep calling them every week after 8 weeks but they keep telling me the same every week, " please wait until next week!!! " I am just so tired and bored. Any chance that my bag gets lost??? I am worried.
Here is my bag that I purchased from ebay. You can see the loose stitch. Sigh.

image-3587354268.jpg

I mentioned this earlier but think it got lost. In Singapore our receipts of bags purchases include the serial number of the bag. I thought this is good as it offers additional layer of authenticity. Maybe SAs will be more willingly to accept the bags for repairs etc. Some may even doubt receipts especially not bought directly from boutiques. I notice receipts from USA and Europe doesn't reflect the number so perhaps more difficult to link the receipt to the bag?

image-3480344878.jpg

In Hong Kong as well.
29n8eae.jpg

I've brought some bags into chanel sg to repair n they don't need receipts to repair. Receipts are papers n the ink do fade. What's the use of the authenticity card if sa will repair only if we can provide receipts...receipts are extra precaution but sa should be trained to know their products.

sjunky13 said:
Ladies also remember to remove your authenticity cards from the bag and the dustbag too. You should keep them with you. I remember hearing that Chanel repair has lostthem.

They should need nothing but the bag from you, no reciept, no cards, just the bag. GL. It is almost 10 weeks and I am still waiting for mine. :smile:

Hmm the SA I spoke to when I got my m/l repaired for a loose stitching on the strap suggested I should keep my auth card in the bag at all times just for security reasons. Well they didn't ask for a receipt either.

iloveaaa said:
I mentioned this earlier but think it got lost. In Singapore our receipts of bags purchases include the serial number of the bag. I thought this is good as it offers additional layer of authenticity. Maybe SAs will be more willingly to accept the bags for repairs etc. Some may even doubt receipts especially not bought directly from boutiques. I notice receipts from USA and Europe doesn't reflect the number so perhaps more difficult to link the receipt to the bag?

In the US they link the serial number to your name in their servers. I don't know about receipts. Honestly I haven't looked at mine. I'll look when I get home tonight.

*bubs said:
Hmm the SA I spoke to when I got my m/l repaired for a loose stitching on the strap suggested I should keep my auth card in the bag at all times just for security reasons. Well they didn't ask for a receipt either.

I wouldn't keep the card in the bag unless you're traveling through airports.
What if your bag got stolen, you would have nothing to prove that it was yours if they find it and the person who stole it would get more money selling it with the card!

I would never ever leave the card. They could loose it and are not responsible. They do not do thier own repairs and are sent to a contracter, In fact it states that on the receipt that you sign.

If you loose it , you are out of luck and they can't give you a new one. They do not need it anyway.