Need help canvassing..pretty please! :)

tigerlook

Work Hard Play Hard
Jul 26, 2012
I'm glad that there are venues like TPF to get help and ask opinions around (other than my husband - YES! My husband! :graucho: ) regarding handbags.

And so I would like to ask if you know any cute and classy bags out there that I can use for night outs or social events? Preferably quilted design, neutral color, leather material, and straps with chains.

So here's what I'm thinking:

For Premier Designers
> Budget is less than $1000
> On my list is TOD'S Signature Mini Patent Leather Shoulder Bag for $665 (pic below)
>I just want to know if there is a better one out there that you know

For Contemporary Designers
> Budget is less than $500
> Nothing on my list for now, do you know any?

I will have to choose the one though that will of course talk to me when I see it! you know what I'm saying.. :loveeyes:

Thank you so much fellow TPFers!! I'm not rushing or anything so just post something if you happen to know or see one. Thanks again!! :smile:

Attachments

• YBWAHVR0101KOKR811-F-Signature-Mini-Patent-Leather-Shoulder-Bag-Chamoisee-Purple.jpg
    YBWAHVR0101KOKR811-F-Signature-Mini-Patent-Leather-Shoulder-Bag-Chamoisee-Purple.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 222
Marc Jacobs has the quilted Single flap in several sizes which is under $1K
Kate Spade does some nice classic quilted silhouettes under $500, the quilted leather feels nice and puffy tho I am not sure how durable they are.

If you are willing to spend a little more, my favorite quilted bag is Marc Jacobs' Stam. quilted, chains, kisslock frame. (there is a link to my stam album at the bottom of post)

Attachments

• marc-jacobs-single.jpeg
    marc-jacobs-single.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 344
  • kate spade leighton.jpg
    kate spade leighton.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 182
I would vote MJ too, just check you are happy with the handle drop, I wish the single flap was either shorter and closer under my arm, or was quite a bit longer to hang low, I just hate where it lies, otherwise i would have definitely bought it the second they brought out the black with the silver chain

I would vote MJ too, just check you are happy with the handle drop, I wish the single flap was either shorter and closer under my arm, or was quite a bit longer to hang low, I just hate where it lies, otherwise i would have definitely bought it the second they brought out the black with the silver chain

Thanks for the heads up angelicjulie! ;)