Kris & Bruce Jenner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was too done by that E! News reporter who said Baby Penelope had the "Signature Kardashian Long Eyelashes".... I'm like the baby wears falsies too???.... :lol:
I always think about that when Kim talks about her Armenian eyelashes. She wears fake eyelashes every single day, as does the whole family. What difference does it make if she has naturally thick eyelashes if she covers them up with false ones? It's not as if we ever see them.

Not sure what your point is. Khloe said herself on national tv, she did not see them for 3 years. We have no idea which 3 years they were or what years those pics are from.

I am assuming the 3 years happened after their Dad passed, since they said in season one it hit Khloe the hardest. Dash opened in 2007, so the 3 year gap would make since after their Dad passed and Kourtney was probably away at school, when Khloe did not see them and Kim was married to Damon (who they have said kept her away from her family). I am just guessing, but Kim and Khloe are not a s close as Khloe and Kourt are. I think that Khloe probably did not like Damon and Kim loved him and did what he said. Kim probably chose Damon over her sisters, so Khloe stayed away from her.

SMH, I don't even watch their damn show, yet I can read these people like the back of my hand. So sad...

Someone posted that they only took vacations as a family for the show. My point is that they have all posted numerous vacation pics through the years on their blogs and these vacations were not on the show.

znv420.jpg

CULTURE
Kris Jenner
By Dimitri Ehrlich
Photography Christian Ferretti

Martha Stewart was the queen of the '80s and Oprah owned the '90s, but the 21st century's preeminent female pop-cultural brand-builder may very well be Kris Jenner. Jenner is, of course, the matriarch of the Kardashian-Jenner brood, which includes daughters Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and son Rob from her first marriage to the late attorney Robert Kardashian, as well as daughters Kendall and Kylie from her marriage to Bruce Jenner, her hoop-star son-in-law Lamar Odom (Khloé's husband), and the father of Kourtney's two children, Scott Disick. But while Jenner and her kin have encountered the sort of fact-of-life speed bumps that a lot of mothers might consider potential problem areas (e.g. leaked sex tapes, impulsive weddings, unplanned pregnancies, rampant fits of conspicuous consumption), they have managed to deftly parlay theirs into a seemingly endless array of business opportunities. It was Jenner herself who, in 2006, came up with the idea for a reality show about the Kardashian-Jenners (which undoubtedly took advantage of the public's prurient interest in her daughter Kim's infamous 2007 sex tape with ex-boyfriend Ray J), and turned what might have been 15 minutes of shame into a successful television franchise that has netted her clan, co-producer Ryan Seacrest, and E!, the network on which the Kardashian-Jenner television properties air, hundreds of millions of dollars. In addition to the flagship, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, which recently completed its seventh season, Jenner has, through her company, Jenner Communications, overseen the launch of several Kardashian-branded spin-off shows (Khloé & Lamar, Kourtney & Kim Take New York, and Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami) and books (Kardashian Konfidential, Jenner's own memoir Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian, and even a novel attributed to Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé called Dollhouse), as well as fragrance, apparel and accessory lines, and a string of boutiques. There are Kardashians and Jenners in ad campaigns for Poise and Skechers, on the covers of gossip magazines and on the homepages of websites like TMZ, and their every tweet is hungrily inhaled by millions of followers. And yet, despite their ubiquity, the world still can't seem to get enough of their very particular brand of blended-familial Southern California living, in all its splashy, flashy, leopard-print-and-Louboutin-clicking glory.

We caught up with Jenner, 56, on a recent Thursday at 6 a.m. as she was on her way to a workout with celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson near her home in the L.A. suburb of Hidden Hills.

DIMITRI EHRLICH: You've managed somehow to turn your family into a brand. How would you define the Kardashian brand?

KRIS JENNER: I think it's a brand for the fans. We pay attention to what everyone seems to be attracted to about us. My kids are really good with social media; that's really an important dynamic in our relationship with our audience, and it's a great way to connect. One of the first things that Kim did when she started her fragrance line was let her fans have a hand in designing the bottle. She would go on Twitter and say, "What shade of pink do you like?" And that was an amazing thing, how everybody responded. Very early on, we realized that we had a very interactive relationship with the people who are our fans and watch the show.

EHRLICH: Why do you think America has been so fascinated by your children?

JENNER: Well, I think that there are so many of us in my entire family that everybody finds someone who they can relate to or connect with. At the end of the day, our show is just about our family and what happens, and over the last seven seasons, you've watched my little girls grow up, you've watched people get married and have babies and graduate from school and go to college. You know, it's like so much that goes on in any family, but it's magnified and dramatic, because that's who we are. So I think everyone can look at us and go, "Wow! I can relate to them."

EHRLICH: What was your original hope or motivation in doing Keeping Up With the Kardashians?

JENNER: The goal for my girls and me has always been about beauty and fashion. Before we ever had the shows, my mom had a store for 40 years in La Jolla, and I grew up working there. As my girls grew up, they wanted to study fashion in college—Kourtney did that, and Kim was a stylist and a closet-organizer. So it was always about the fashion and the clothes. The girls opened a store in Calabasas called Dash, and it became very successful, and Kourtney and I had a children's store called Smooch. That was always my dream: to have a chain of stores. So I started thinking about how much fun it would be to have a reality show, and when we did the deal with E!, I thought, Wow, we're going to be filming this show in our stores! And when you have a retail store, the one thing you like to do is attract customers. So I thought, "This will be so fabulous because people will know about our store. It will create an awareness of this Dash brand." And now the girls have three stores: one in Miami, one in New York, and one here--one actually just opened on Melrose in West Hollywood.

EHRLICH: Were you surprised by the show's near-immediate success?

JENNER: Well, there are a lot of big personalities in our family, and because of the way that we interact with each other—and the fact that the girls are beautiful, the little ones are adorable, and my husband is an Olympic champion—there was this perfect storm, where I think you kind of wanted to watch and go, "Wow, what's happening with this family?" And if you got invested emotionally, it turned out to be very entertaining . . . Apparently.

EHRLICH: Apparently. [both laugh] So what's your plan after the kids are all grown—other than keeping up with the Jenner empty nest?

JENNER: Well, I actually enjoy working on the clothing line that I have on QVC, so I think I'd like to concentrate on growing that brand and just doing my own thing. My motivation is to be creative and have fun. You want to do something that keeps you on your toes the rest of your life and keeps you busy. That's why we're creating these clothing lines and the kids' fragrances and all the things we have our hands in. I'm really good at multitasking, but I always look at the amazing opportunity that we've been given . . . You know, at this point, we've filmed more seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians than they did of I Love Lucy.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/kris-jenner#_

Last edited:
KRIS JENNER: I think it's a brand for the fans. We pay attention to what everyone seems to be attracted to about us.

and then they make adjustments to that so that they do or say whatever it is to keep their names/faces in the news!! (that is what she REALLY means!):yes::yes:

poor chris - it must be so cold and dry there in her girl's shadow!!! :crybaby: thirsty,thirsty,thirsty mama!!

Status
Not open for further replies.