Herme watch: what is the price to get it serviced and battery changed?

Oct 17, 2006
hi ladies,
i've been wondering does hermes charge you when u want to get ur watch serviced or change battery also, do they polish the watch for you?
how about battery how much is that? thanks :smile:

btw, i'm still new to the h-board ;)

I paid $20 CDN to have the battery changed two months ago, they also serviced it (cleaned). In Toronto, the watch goes to a local jeweler who has an arrangement with Hermes Canada.

hi ladies,
i've been wondering does hermes charge you when u want to get ur watch serviced or change battery also, do they polish the watch for you?
how about battery how much is that? thanks :smile:

btw, i'm still new to the h-board ;)

I paid £25 to have a 25 year old clock repaired, polished and overhauled at the swiss Hermes watchmaker's. Its the only incredibly reasonable Hermes service there is!!!!

when i went in to have a battery changed a month or two ago, they were going to charge me $75...just to replace the battery! my SA actually sort of lowered her voice and mentioned i could take it to another jeweler for a better price. i had to laugh :smile:

If you have the right set of screwdriver, you could open the back and replace the battery yourself. I do that on my quartz watches myself.

You could order a set of Bergeon swiss-made screwdriver set from Otto Frei:
http://www.ottofrei.com/store/product.php?productid=7924&cat=0&page=1

Pull out the old battery and replace it with a new one. Usually they are probably made by Renata. There is a code on the battery and just order a new one.

Hermes has always changed my batteries for free. If I have time to leave the watch for a while they polish it for free as well. They have even offered to have it couriered to my house in one instance when I was leaving on a scheduled trip.

free??? thats fabulous service!!!!!

we had to pay for the batt to be changed & they cleaned up the watch too....

it appears there are diff. prices quoted for a batt change too...

everything in hermes is always strange in her own ways.

After our Pris trip I can say that the service at the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré-store is exquisite!
I got battery exchange for free and while I was waiting for it to be done at least five different sa:s came to ask if I'm being helped :smile:

Has anyone here had experience with replating a gold Hermes plated watch? I bought a vintage watch...and it needs some love around the H corners (H hour). I'm going to Paris this fall and can also get any repairs done there.

Has anyone here had experience with replating a gold Hermes plated watch? I bought a vintage watch...and it needs some love around the H corners (H hour). I'm going to Paris this fall and can also get any repairs done there.
I don´t have any experience but my advice is to take it to a good watch-retailer. Hermès won´t change batteries etc and I had to go elsewhere when I needed it changed. I am not sure if they would re-plate? In any case I would personally ask my local boutique and then I would also ask a watch retailer.

I am not sure if Hermès FSH will change batteries or re-furbish watches.

lovely64 said:
I don´t have any experience but my advice is to take it to a good watch-retailer. Hermès won´t change batteries etc and I had to go elsewhere when I needed it changed. I am not sure if they would re-plate? In any case I would personally ask my local boutique and then I would also ask a watch retailer.

I am not sure if Hermès FSH will change batteries or re-furbish watches.

Thanks for the advice, lovely64! :smile: