Help needed -- shoe lining peeling

Morisa

Nov 5, 2011
So I'm kinda annoyed. I got the SW "Stage" pumps that were part of the Nordstrom anniversary sale a few weeks ago, and the toe lining appears to be peeling back already!

Putting aside the fact that I don't think this should happen with 3-week old shoes, does anyone know how I can fix this? Can I just use some superglue?

Attachments

• IMAG0302-small.jpg
    IMAG0302-small.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 9,442
Ugh, I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately I don't have any advice. I'm sure Nordstrom would take them back (but, I bet you are going to respond to me and tell me how much you love them and really want to keep them).

Good luck!

Ugh, I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately I don't have any advice. I'm sure Nordstrom would take them back (but, I bet you are going to respond to me and tell me how much you love them and really want to keep them).

Good luck!

Haha! My response to my husband was "I know Nordstrom would probably replace them for me for free, but I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of breaking in another pair!"

You can just use superglue, yes. Try to get a decent one from Bostik (or whichever brand is trusted in your area) and one which says it is suitable for whatever material the shoe and liner are. Try to put on as little as possible or it will feel uncomfortable.

You can just use superglue, yes. Try to get a decent one from Bostik (or whichever brand is trusted in your area) and one which says it is suitable for whatever material the shoe and liner are. Try to put on as little as possible or it will feel uncomfortable.

You should never use superglue... because it's permanent....

Cobblers use their own glue that will help prevent the liner from peeling, but you WANT to be able to still peel the insole off which may be needed in the future for a lot of shoe repairs :yes:

You should never use superglue... because it's permanent....

Cobblers use their own glue that will help prevent the liner from peeling, but you WANT to be able to still peel the insole off which may be needed in the future for a lot of shoe repairs :yes:

Fair point, I don't generally go to cobblers unless it's a treasured pair so when my shoes break they get either returned, a DIY repair or they go in the bin. The permanence appeals to me because there's less chance I'll break it again in the same place :lol:

Fair point, I don't generally go to cobblers unless it's a treasured pair so when my shoes break they get either returned, a DIY repair or they go in the bin. The permanence appeals to me because there's less chance I'll break it again in the same place :lol:

lol no worries, I just spend too much time at my cobbler's... I think in my alternate life, I should be a cobbler :lol: