Hang Tag Replacement

KimMelton

Just one more...
Aug 29, 2010
I know that Coach used to replace hang tags for free, at least that's what I heard. Is this something they still do? The large metal hang tag came off of my large sequin sophia, my bag feels naked without it. :sad: Do you think they would mail me another one free of charge?

I have always heard they send you a generic metal replacement tag for free. So it may not be the original style your bag had when you got it. If you live close to a store try and see what they may have. There's usually a box of miscellaneous tags that have fallen bags off here and there. They can look through it and find a few that may match-or who knows that exact tag maybe in the box. The last time my bag lost a tag the s/a gave me a few to take home so I could mix it up a bit. But lately I have been taking off my hang tags.

I know that Coach used to replace hang tags for free, at least that's what I heard. Is this something they still do? The large metal hang tag came off of my large sequin sophia, my bag feels naked without it. :sad: Do you think they would mail me another one free of charge?

I've just received 3 free replacements from them, including a periwinkle leather tag for a vintage casey bag! So it is certainly worth calling them, but they don't always have the correct tag for the bag you want. In those cases they will just send a generic leather or metal tag to match the bag or the hardware. Sometimes it takes a long time for the replacements to arrive (like 4 to 6 weeks) and other times they come quickly in about a week. But they are free and authentic so it's a good deal.

When I lost the extra-large shiny silver tag off my Madison Shoulder Bag, I went to the boutique store and asked if they had any. They pulled out a big box of hangtags and found the perfect replacement for me. So you could try that approach as well.

Last edited:
I emailed coach a few days ago and requested replacement tags. They promptly emailed back asking for style # and hardware color. After sending them the info they once agin promptly emailed back to say to expect my replacement tags in 1-2 weeks. So once I receive them I can let y'all know what kind they sent, but I was surprised and excited as to how easy it was.

I've just received 3 free replacements from them, including a periwinkle leather tag for a vintage casey bag! So it is certainly worth calling them, but they don't always have the correct tag for the bag you want. In those cases they will just send a generic leather or metal tag to match the bag or the hardware. Sometimes it takes a long time for the replacements to arrive (like 4 to 6 weeks) and other times they come quickly in about a week. But they are free and authentic so it's a good deal.

When I lost the extra-large shiny silver tag off my Madison Shoulder Bag, I went to the boutique store and asked if they had any. They pulled out a big box of hangtags and found the perfect replacement for me. So you could try that approach as well.

Alright cool. They asked me for a registration number, I'm a noob still so I apologize, but where would I find that???

Alright cool. They asked me for a registration number, I'm a noob still so I apologize, but where would I find that???

The numbers on the creed patch inside the bag. Most especially the style number which is the 5-digit number after the hyphen.

It might be 15940 for the sequin sophia but I am not sure.

KimMelton said:

The leather patch sewn on the inside of the bag has a series of numbers on it.

EDIT: Oops. Katev answered.

The numbers on the creed patch inside the bag. Most especially the style number which is the 5-digit number after the hyphen.

It might be 15940 for the sequin sophia but I am not sure.

I am not even at home to look. Is there anyone who knows??? I won't even be home for a couple days. POO!

About 3 weeks ago, I called Coach for a black replacement tag for my large gathered Madison Sophia. The rep. asked for the numbers on my creed. Got the tag a couple of days ago, but it does not match. It looks more like the new Legacy tags...sort of a dark brownish/black. This happened to another tPFer, also. I will call tomorrow and ask for a black tag that fits the Madison, not the Legacy.

I didn't get any tags at all and I have requested twice, about a month apart. When I went to the outlets, they didn't have anything that matched.

I tried requesting online one time and I didn't get anything, but I have had better luck with calling JAX or asking at the boutique. I have never asked at the outlet.

I just sent a request for a hang tag as well and was replied with the same response. Well have to compare notes and see if we get one or not. Up until this point I hadn't realized you could even get a replacement.

I have received replacement tags before from Coach, no problem and recently I lost the dust bag to one of my Carly bags and they sent me one of those as well. Great C/S!!