what to do ?

gem77

Dec 29, 2011
Hi,

i have a listing ending tonight with only one bid on it. however i just received a message from the only bidder on this and they say -

I'm so sorry but my 5 year old daughter has put a bid on this bag sometime yesterday and I have only noticed it now. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused but I would not be able to afford this even if I wanted to. I left her playing dressing up games but must not have logged out and this is the consequence.
Sincerely

im unsure of what to do. please can someone offer some advice? thanks :smile:

Hard to believe, but just ask her to cancel her bid, and if she won't, I guess you'll have to. Hopefully you have a lot of watchers and someone will buy it at the last minute.

Hard to believe, but just ask her to cancel her bid, and if she won't, I guess you'll have to. Hopefully you have a lot of watchers and someone will buy it at the last minute.

thank you. it was a weak excuse. i have cancelled her bid, i am just annoyed that she wasted my time.

This happens to me at least once a week. Just last night it happened with a nail polish set.

Looks like a lot of little fingers are buying things these days.

Glad you were able to cancel. Hopefully, you'll get a real bid soon.

Oh please :rolleyes:

Did you do an Advanced Search by bidder to see if her 5 year old has been on a spree? :devil:

Personally, I would have made her retract her bid and refused to cancel it. But then again I am fed up to here with Ebay's nonsense and I really don't give a hoot any more. I am finding that since I no longer shop on Ebay I don't 'need' to sell as much iykwim ;)