Gucci bamboo tote with tassels - opinions?

The Tods D-bag is an awesome bag and I like the camel vachetta color the best. I understand the company no longer makes the original style (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and that is disappointing because though the restyled version is nice, the original truly is classic.
I've carried the Gucci Diana tote back to work and to a few shops after and I really love it. The more I look at it the more happy I am with my choice. I found the middle compartment nice for placing my full size Chanel wallet in (carried on it's side) as it keeps it separate from anything else that could scratch it, and it can be secured with the zip closure.
Papertiger, you really nailed the best description of the bag.... "sleeker and more sophisticated"

Congrats cocobean! This bag looks so sophisticated & classy. It also compliments you very well! I love how the scarf looks with the bag! :tup::woot:

Fabulous bag! I love everything about it; from the bamboo handle to the luxurious leather! I especially love the way you wrapped the scarf around the bag. It's funny because I tend to do that whenever I go out to eat so that I don't ruin my scarf and every time I do it, I tend to get compliments on my bag and scarf. It's such an elegant look!

Sooooooooooooooo I had thought I had made up my mind to get the black tote, but it was backordered a week or two and I had time to think some more and look over what I currently have in my collection. I also re-read the post by papertiger, and reconsidered the white Diana tote. I currently have a black Chanel cerf, large black Tom Ford satchel, black Lady Dior and black birkin, all of which I've carried year round. I decided to cancel the order for the black tote and take a chance on the white Diana. It arrived today and I'm thrilled with it! I stopped home during work, so I only had time to take a few quick pics, but I switched my stuff over and am carrying the bag, and it is perfect. I was worried it might be too big, almost travel tote size, but it's not. I prefer larger day bags and this works for me. I was also concerned about the interior being split into three sections but it's still very roomy. The one detail that had me on the fence with the black tote, was I thought it might be too 'busy', with the bamboo handles, the tassles and the bamboo turn lock on the front pocket. I love adding scarves to a bag in the summer to add a pop of color or change up the look, and with the black bag it would have been just too much going on at once to add a scarf. The Diana bag is very low key, discreet elegance style, IMO.
Just saw this bag is on bluefly for $1725..............

Congrats cocobean!. I think this bag is just gorgeous and your post has me coveting one for myself! I actually think your initial choice - the black tote - is great as well. :smile:

Sooooooooooooooo I had thought I had made up my mind to get the black tote, but it was backordered a week or two and I had time to think some more and look over what I currently have in my collection. I also re-read the post by papertiger, and reconsidered the white Diana tote. I currently have a black Chanel cerf, large black Tom Ford satchel, black Lady Dior and black birkin, all of which I've carried year round. I decided to cancel the order for the black tote and take a chance on the white Diana. It arrived today and I'm thrilled with it! I stopped home during work, so I only had time to take a few quick pics, but I switched my stuff over and am carrying the bag, and it is perfect. I was worried it might be too big, almost travel tote size, but it's not. I prefer larger day bags and this works for me. I was also concerned about the interior being split into three sections but it's still very roomy. The one detail that had me on the fence with the black tote, was I thought it might be too 'busy', with the bamboo handles, the tassles and the bamboo turn lock on the front pocket. I love adding scarves to a bag in the summer to add a pop of color or change up the look, and with the black bag it would have been just too much going on at once to add a scarf. The Diana bag is very low key, discreet elegance style, IMO.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

The expected ship date for the tote is 5/17-5/31 so I am going to try to be patient and wait instead of changing the order for the white bag. In the past my Gucci orders have come in early, so hoping that will be the case this time. I can't wait to see the bag in person!

Just wanted to say thanks cocobean, for your original post on this black tote! It's exactly what I need at the moment and I managed to get my hands on one. I would never have known it existed without your post and pictures!

Of course, I'm still coveting your new white one as well... :graucho:

Thanks again!

Just wanted to say thanks cocobean, for your original post on this black tote! It's exactly what I need at the moment and I managed to get my hands on one. I would never have known it existed without your post and pictures!

Of course, I'm still coveting your new white one as well... :graucho:

Thanks again!
Graycat5- Congrats on your purchase! Would you posts pics? I'd love to see real life pictures of it :smile:

Dior were more calculated, as the Lady D bag as Diana was presented with it. The Gucci and the Tod's were her own choices and were only called Diana and D subsequently after she became associated by her carrying them.
The Lady Dior bag may have indeed been presented to Lady Diana but it was a gift from Bernadette Chirac, not Dior, as a welcome gesture from the French. The bag originally had a different name but after Lady Diana fell in love with it and ordered it in every single colour available at the time Dior decided to rename the bag the Lady Dior.

The white looks amazing! I prefer it to the black also. :smile:

eminere™;22600673 said:
The Lady Dior bag may have indeed been presented to Lady Diana but it was a gift from Bernadette Chirac, not Dior, as a welcome gesture from the French. The bag originally had a different name but after Lady Diana fell in love with it and ordered it in every single colour available at the time Dior decided to rename the bag the Lady Dior.

...and between my mother, sister and me, we have all 3, Tods D, Dior Lady D and Gucci Diana :party: