Aubergine gathered sophias have didferet leather quality and size?

nanirina

O.G.
Oct 4, 2008
I just got my Aubergine Sophia but it seems to be kind of different than my black one. My black one has thicker and stiffer leather than my Aubergine one. The Aubergine one is also slightly bigger!!! Is this an issue you gals also see or is this just a problem with my batch!!! Plz help. Photos attached. Notice how the Aubergine slouches already even with stuff inside and the black one stands firm even without stuff inside.

image-3698788607.jpg

I just got my Aubergine Sophia but it seems to be kind of different than my black one. My black one has thicker and stiffer leather than my Aubergine one. The Aubergine one is also slightly bigger!!! Is this an issue you gals also see or is this just a problem with my batch!!! Plz help. Photos attached. Notice how the Aubergine slouches already even with stuff inside and the black one stands firm even without stuff inside.

View attachment 1829286

It could (possibly) be because your black one was was stuffed when you got it so it naturally was able to hold its shape better. How long have you had it/used it? I should be getting my aubergine gathered Sophia here in a couple days (probably mid next week), so I'll take some pics and let you know what it looks like..... even though I don't have any other gathered Sophias to compare to.

Pretty color, though! :biggrin:

It could (possibly) be because your black one was was stuffed when you got it so it naturally was able to hold its shape better. How long have you had it/used it? I should be getting my aubergine gathered Sophia here in a couple days (probably mid next week), so I'll take some pics and let you know what it looks like..... even though I don't have any other gathered Sophias to compare to.

Pretty color, though! :biggrin:

I have had the black sophia for maybe a month? The aubergine certainly feels softer. Umm... I will stuff my Aubergine for awhile and see what happens. But the fact that it already feels softer is making me scared that the gathers will undone much faster.

I have had the black sophia for maybe a month? The aubergine certainly feels softer. Umm... I will stuff my Aubergine for awhile and see what happens. But the fact that it already feels softer is making me scared that the gathers will undone much faster.

Keep us updated please. My raspberry gathers came undone in 2 places. I have the aubergine but have not cut tags yet

Gathers coming undone isn't considered "normal wear and tear," right? Like... if you were to send the bag in, would they replace it?

I have 3 of them, raspberry leather is a lot softer than aubergine and graphite and it doesn't really stay without slouching. I blamed it on the fact that mine was a floor display , it came with the price tag inside and the little dark brown tag price outside. See pic

Attachments

• image-2459993088.jpg
    image-2459993088.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 333
I have three gathered. No issuse

so my question is really, do all your 3 gathered bags feel the same? Which colors do you have? Do they stand properly without slouching? I bought an Aubergine before and returned her, and i think my last one wasn't as soft as this one that I got. So I am wondering if its' an issue with the batch. I will go into another store maybe to see if theirs is also as soft.

I have 3 of them, raspberry leather is a lot softer than aubergine and graphite and it doesn't really stay without slouching. I blamed it on the fact that mine was a floor display , it came with the price tag inside and the little dark brown tag price outside. See pic

Also do you find that your raspberry is smaller than your other ones? I saw the raspberry instore and placed it side by side with my black one, and it is for sure smaller. Not sure if it's a batch issue!

so my question is really, do all your 3 gathered bags feel the same? Which colors do you have? Do they stand properly without slouching? I bought an Aubergine before and returned her, and i think my last one wasn't as soft as this one that I got. So I am wondering if its' an issue with the batch. I will go into another store maybe to see if theirs is also as soft.

Brodie. Aubergine Lindsey. Graphite Sophia. Feel the same to me

nanirina said:
Also do you find that your raspberry is smaller than your other ones? I saw the raspberry instore and placed it side by side with my black one, and it is for sure smaller. Not sure if it's a batch issue!

I think they all look the same size. Got graphite yesterday so I haven't seen it too much but I'll check tonight when I get home