Orange or black GST

Pandada

Jan 8, 2012
Dear tpfers, I need help to decide between orange or black gold hardware GST. I actually want this to be an everyday bag. Black is classic and safe but the orange is gorgeous too but I am not sure if it can be worn all year round. I appreciate your advice.

1. Orange
2. Black

Please help me to decide and appreciate your opinions on why you would choose the color you recommend. Thank you!!

Dear tpfers, I need help to decide between orange or black gold hardware GST. I actually want this to be an everyday bag. Black is classic and safe but the orange is gorgeous too but I am not sure if it can be worn all year round. I appreciate your advice.

1. Orange
2. Black

Please help me to decide and appreciate your opinions on why you would choose the color you recommend. Thank you!!

Hi... funny, but I just both. I bought the new orange and the black with GHW. I love the orange, and yes, you can wear it year round. Plus, because it is orange and a unique color, you don't have to worry about matching it with outfits since the bag speaks for itself (unlike, say, a red bag which you really can't wear with everything).

I love the orange, and it is limited color, so when it's gone, it's gone. I have worn both the orange and black, and the orange is definitely more striking. My husband loves the orange.

On the black, I bought it because it was a classic and because the price is going to increase and I knew eventually I'd end up getting a black, so better get it now than after a 20% hike. You are right in that it is safe... safe and boring to a certain extent, but nevertheless, and classic. It is really elegant looking, but again, it is a black bag.

If you are not afraid to wear color, I would get the orange, because it really pops and it is a limited color for this season. Then, perhaps you can get the black later. The black and beige are always available.

But... if this is going to be your one and only Chanel ever and you are worried about color, then I would go with the black. You can wear it anywhere.

I hope this was helpful.

By the way, if you need a good SA to help you hunt down the GST, my SA is great. He helped me find several bags. His name is James and you can call/text him at 305-632-0344.

Good luck on your decision!

Hi... funny, but I just both. I bought the new orange and the black with GHW. I love the orange, and yes, you can wear it year round. Plus, because it is orange and a unique color, you don't have to worry about matching it with outfits since the bag speaks for itself (unlike, say, a red bag which you really can't wear with everything).

I love the orange, and it is limited color, so when it's gone, it's gone. I have worn both the orange and black, and the orange is definitely more striking. My husband loves the orange.

On the black, I bought it because it was a classic and because the price is going to increase and I knew eventually I'd end up getting a black, so better get it now than after a 20% hike. You are right in that it is safe... safe and boring to a certain extent, but nevertheless, and classic. It is really elegant looking, but again, it is a black bag.

If you are not afraid to wear color, I would get the orange, because it really pops and it is a limited color for this season. Then, perhaps you can get the black later. The black and beige are always available.

But... if this is going to be your one and only Chanel ever and you are worried about color, then I would go with the black. You can wear it anywhere.

I hope this was helpful.

Thank you for your input. I saw pics of the orange it is very pretty. I know if I get the black I would feel very comfortable wearing it to work. I do love the orange and I know I would wear it on the weekends just not sure about carrying it to work all the time. In theory I think I would get more mileage out of the black but orange is so fun and exciting! By the way, you are so lucky to own both. I am not even supposed to be buying any more bags but I am afraid of price increase soon. I have other Chanel flaps but this would be my only one GST. It's really hard to decide.

Last edited:
I have just bought the Red Gst this week, in my eyes the red was too nice to pass.

I was in the same dilemma as you earlier this week and torn between colour and black. For me i wanted more of a weekend bag which i could dress up if i was to go from daytime shopping to a evening out.

In your case if it was for an Everyday bag, I would go for Black. But for a weekend bag I would choose the Orange. Also bear in mind if you really do like the Orange it is a seasonal colour so next year they will not be having any, but they will always have Black.

Both are a wonderful choice and so I now know why Willeyi is so lucky to have both.