Yummmm...chocolate...chocolate Bauletto that is

swezfamily

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I bought this bag several weeks ago while vacationing in Italy and was thrilled to get it for so much less than it would have cost in the states. :woohoo:

My first Bauletto in the piccolo size: I don't know if this is a new color for fall or if this is one that never sold from the previous F/W. I didn't ask and I don't care because I had a serious need for this color in my handbag collection. The SA wrote down that the color is Caffe.

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 864
Congrats! What a beauty! I like the tone-in-tone stitching.

And LT bag lady is right: the bag will always remind you of your vacation in Italy. :yes: By the way: in which town did you purchase this Bauletto D-bag?

Thank you so much peachylv, LT bag lady, and Melora! I love how deep and rich the color is. I've been searching for a dark brown bag for a couple of years now, but nothing has ever won me over like this one.

Where did I buy it? Well, this is the part of the story that I'm not too proud of because, once again, I had a lapse in self control. I purchased a Birkin in March and promised my husband that there wouldn't be anymore handbag purchases this year. So, I avoided all shopping in the cities that we visited: Venice, Florence and Rome. I longingly walked past the windows of my favorite shops and I peeked, but did not go in.

Then, we're preparing to fly home from Rome and our gate ends up being right next to Tod's, Gucci, Hermes and Valentino. Oh no! With about 15 minutes to kill before boarding our flight home, I wander into the Tod's boutique just to browse...and the rest is history. :P

It would have been more memorable to have actually purchased it in Rome, rather than the Rome airport, but I did get the duty free price which I think was 200 euro less than in the city and about $600 less than the states. So, I got a great bag, at a great price and it will always remind me of one of the most fantastic trips I've ever taken.