Swift Birkin After Spa :)

Great thread love swift and look forward to seeing many more beautifull swift bags, anyone worried about swift and rain dont, as i got caught in a real downpour and my Swift KD and my Tadelakt both got soaked left them both to dry and the Swift was as good as new but the Tadelakt had blister marks that never left so I would not think twice about getting a bag in Swift but will never buy one in Tadelakt

EtoupeBirkin Great thread! I am happy to hear about your spa experience. I have to send a swift bag away and it gives me hope!! I am also partial to smooth leathers too. Love Chamonix! Great for colours!:flowers:Thanks again for sharing!:flowers:

Thanks for starting this thread-- it really shows swift in its full glory!

I'm glad you found this thread helpful!!!:yes:

Thanx so much for sharing etoupebirkin.. My one and only swift B30 is almost 3 years old, and she's in a very good shape, no scuffing on the edges and its stand on its own when empty.. Its good to know that when i finally need to send it to spa it will come back like new..
May i know how old is your swift B?

Thanks, my birkin is just shy of 4 years old.

I have found that Swift is tougher than you might think. I believe its soft quality helps because it cushions impact when the bag touches other items. I have an Epsom bag which is quite delicate for the opposite reason. The leather is so stiff, it it hits or rubs against anything, there is wear at that point. I know that there are people who adore Epsom. The way I use my bags makes me hesitate to ever get Epsom again.

I have heard this from a SA in GV. She said exactly the same thing to me. She recommended me not to get an epsom for this very reason. She said for SLG epsom is fine but not for a workhorse bag.

That's a good SA!!! He or she is a keeper!!!

It is very thoughtful of you to start this thread. So many of us wonder about what a spa treatment can do. And the information on swift is so helpful.
Something to share with all of you. My first birkin was in swift leather too. Initially I was worried about it being scratched easily because that was a common comment about swift leather. I have to say that this is not true. Here's a pic of my swift birkin before going to spa. Trust me, I almost cried when I saw it coated with thick dust. My contractor created this mess.

View attachment 1821752

I brought it to spa, and was so happy that it came back looking good!

View attachment 1821756

I waited for about 3-4 mths for it to come back. Worth the wait!

I'm glad your birkin came out so well. She looks new and gorgeous!!!

I LOVE SWIFT. My most favorite of all Hermes leathers. It is thick, matte, and yummy. Love the way it takes color. Love the soft and of it. I have swift in Birkin, Kelly and Kelly Longue and Jige. Love the way it feels when wearing. It is durable, doesn't mind water too much and is so elegant.

TT, Swift is so practical. I took my Swift Kelly Flat today. Washington, DC weather is mercurial at best. So when it rained, I didn't worry about the bag one bit. Gotta Love Swift!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, EB! I love your description of swift - I almost want to lick your bag! :amuse: Your bag is a beauty - Etoupe is such a fabulous color.
Thanks Florasun!!!

Thanks for the yummy pictures EB!!! Your bag is a beauty! Great thread to remind us of the beauty of Swift.

Thanks Lovely!!!

Thank you for starting the thread. your birkin looks stunning.
You make me love my newly purchased prune swift birkin more.......

Prune Swift Birkin!!!!! PLEASE POST PICS!!!!! Prune is one of my favorite colors, ever....

Great thread love swift and look forward to seeing many more beautifull swift bags, anyone worried about swift and rain dont, as i got caught in a real downpour and my Swift KD and my Tadelakt both got soaked left them both to dry and the Swift was as good as new but the Tadelakt had blister marks that never left so I would not think twice about getting a bag in Swift but will never buy one in Tadelakt
Sorry about your Tadelakt bag. Did you try to spa it?

EtoupeBirkin Great thread! I am happy to hear about your spa experience. I have to send a swift bag away and it gives me hope!! I am also partial to smooth leathers too. Love Chamonix! Great for colours!:flowers:Thanks again for sharing!:flowers:

Thanks Julide!!! I love Chamonix too.

Wow still so amazing!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!:hugs:

To tell you the truth, I don't really pay special attention to my swift birkin. I would say that I try to be very careful with it, after the incident (contractor covered my bag with dust) I made it a point to keep my bags into the dust bags immediately after use. That's all.

ic... just curious when your bag was covered with dust, why did u have to spa it? i thought dust can come off easily with wiping right?

ic... just curious when your bag was covered with dust, why did u have to spa it? i thought dust can come off easily with wiping right?

The dust on my birkin is not the normal kind of dust. The dust came about because of intensive hacking of walls. I tried to clean it with a wet tissue, but DH advise not to do that in case the chemical in the wet tissue didnt work out with the leather and create spots. It is better to spend a little more money rather than to take risk.

Something to share with all of you. My first birkin was in swift leather too. Initially I was worried about it being scratched easily because that was a common comment about swift leather. I have to say that this is not true. Here's a pic of my swift birkin before going to spa. Trust me, I almost cried when I saw it coated with thick dust. My contractor created this mess.

View attachment 1821752

I brought it to spa, and was so happy that it came back looking good!

View attachment 1821756

I waited for about 3-4 mths for it to come back. Worth the wait!

OMG!!! The dust was totally a disaster :faint: Glad it is ok now :smile:

The dust on my birkin is not the normal kind of dust. The dust came about because of intensive hacking of walls. I tried to clean it with a wet tissue, but DH advise not to do that in case the chemical in the wet tissue didnt work out with the leather and create spots. It is better to spend a little more money rather than to take risk.

oic.. yes i totally agree!! :smile:

purpur2012 said:
Hmmm u didnt keep your bag when the contractor was working?

I kept it in my wardrobe but there were gaps between the wardrobe sliding door. Also it didn't help even when they put a protective cover on my wardrobe. Unfortunately.

Now it gives me a different opinion about the Swift leather. :smile: Gorgeous work with the spa and yes it can be risky to clean it on your own as you never know if by wiping you may scratch the leather with some of the coarse debris.

fuyumi said:
Now it gives me a different opinion about the Swift leather. :smile: Gorgeous work with the spa and yes it can be risky to clean it on your own as you never know if by wiping you may scratch the leather with some of the coarse debris.

Right. Thanks :biggrin:

birkel said:
loooooveeeee swift !!!!!! perfect bag doll re enjoy in the best of health !!!

Thank you!