Now not able to delete items listed for sale?

Tropigal3

Jan 2, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but I though I read somewhere that ebay recently changed their policy and now sellers cannot freely delete items listed.

If that is correct, what does that mean for listings that I've also listed on Bonanza?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I though I read somewhere that ebay recently changed their policy and now sellers cannot freely delete items listed.

If that is correct, what does that mean for listings that I've also listed on Bonanza?

No, but in October they will start implementing a fee for ending your listing early. If there is a bid. Buyers are frustrated with so many auctions ending early. eBay not Bonanza.

Last edited:
No, but in October they will start implementing a fee for ending your listing early. Buyers are frustrated with so many auctions ending early. eBay not Bonanza.

Yes. I meant that since I'm selling the same things on Bonanza, I may need to delete on ebay IF item sells on Bonz first. Thanks for the info, I wouldn't want to list on both again anyway, too much stressing for me.

Yes. I meant that since I'm selling the same things on Bonanza, I may need to delete on ebay IF item sells on Bonz first. Thanks for the info, I wouldn't want to list on both again anyway, too much stressing for me.

Oh I see, it's an eBay rule I think?.. to only list it there, not on multiple sites... So maybe they are trying to crack down on that. It IS frustrating as a buyer to watch an item and plan to bid and then it seems almost 25% get ended early and deemed 'no longer available for sale'. I figured it was sellers selling for less outside of eBay via a Paypal invoice, to avoid fees, which seems to be rampant lately.. But maybe they do mean to curb the multiple site sales instead (or just be able to still get paid somehow) I don't remember if there would be a fee for ending a 'buy it now' listing early, so that may be an option for you. I thought I read it was just for auction-style. But I could be wrong.

Oh I see, it's an eBay rule I think?.. to only list it there, not on multiple sites... So maybe they are trying to crack down on that. It IS frustrating as a buyer to watch an item and plan to bid and then it seems almost 25% get ended early and deemed 'no longer available for sale'. I figured it was sellers selling for less outside of eBay via a Paypal invoice, to avoid fees, which seems to be rampant lately.. But maybe they do mean to curb the multiple site sales instead (or just be able to still get paid somehow) I don't remember if there would be a fee for ending a 'buy it now' listing early, so that may be an option for you. I thought I read it was just for auction-style. But I could be wrong.

I think it's a new rule, not sure when it begins but I'm a Bonz newbie and thought I'd try the double list method but I don't think this will work for me anyway. Yeah, I can understand being a buyer and something I'm bidding on disappearing. That would be maddening.

As a buyer, I see quite a few duplicate ebay/Bonanza listings, and when I've bought one of them, I often wonder what would happen if someone were to buy on the other site the same item.

I also noticed that I couldn't edit the prices either. I went into one of my listings and attempted to lower the shipping cost and I wasn't able to. I couldn't edit any of the prices. Ebay has become a real buyers site. I will not be selling there anymore.

Yeah, this is getting a little crazy--although I DO understand how frustating it can be to have items cancelled when you are bidding or interested. I listed a dress a couple of weeks ago and actually cancelled the auction because I found a small hole that I never noticed before and a potential buyer sent me a message telling me she "knew" I sold the dress off eBay and that I had wasted her time. It was then that I realized people take cancelling very seriously sometimes. BTW, she never even placed a bid, lol!

I also noticed that I couldn't edit the prices either. I went into one of my listings and attempted to lower the shipping cost and I wasn't able to. I couldn't edit any of the prices. Ebay has become a real buyers site. I will not be selling there anymore.

You can still and always have been able to edit your listing in any way you want, unless there are bids already, or if you have less than 12 hours to go before it ends. :smile: If you couldn't edit your prices it must have been due to one of those reasons.