Leather leggings- yay or nay??

aegis the leather ones you ordered look perfect- let us know how you like them!

I personally prefer real over faux leather- only because I'm a sucker for soft, luxurious leather (that's why I'm a bal gal!) And I really love leather in unexpected places (i.e. leggings, a top, dress, even shorts!) However, I have no experience with faux leather, so that may be just as nice.

Platinum- you make the your faux leggings look great, ultimately I think it comes down to the person wearing them that makes leather (faux or real) leggings look amazing :tup:

These look great but I don't consider these leggings. To me they look like slim fit jeans or the cigarette style pants favored by Audrey Hepburn. I think they are wonderfully versatile. You can wear them like the model in the picture, or wear with flats or ballet slippers or even booties in the fall and a thick sweater. I say go for it!

i say yay. they can be super hot, you just have to find a pair that suits your body. I dont usually wear them for daytime wear but I have seen people do it and it looks great with a loose fitting top. If you like it, wear it!

I wonder how many pairs Kim Kardashian has?

According to her SS wardrobe she has around 9 pairs of full on leather leggings/trousers and a couple pairs of the AA and LNA wet look style leggings :rolleyes:

I personally prefer real over faux leather- only because I'm a sucker for soft, luxurious leather (that's why I'm a bal gal!) And I really love leather in unexpected places (i.e. leggings, a top, dress, even shorts!) However, I have no experience with faux leather, so that may be just as nice.

Platinum- you make the your faux leggings look great, ultimately I think it comes down to the person wearing them that makes leather (faux or real) leggings look amazing :tup:

I totally agree that it depends upon the person, i think with me it is that i try to limit the amount of leather that i will buy, i really will only buy leather bags- not much else, so the faux leather option weighs far better on my conscience, and like i mentioned before- i have found them to be fine and they fit nicely to my body, and best of all of course is the far cheaper price, the pair i wore most recently (and posted in this thread) were only £5.00 in the sale, can't beat that :tup:

And thankyou for your lovely comment, you are so sweet xoxo

Between these 2 specific pairs I prefer the helmut langs over the Vince, only because I dont love jeans styling on leather leggings. I like the more minimalist look. But I think it comes down to fit- quality wise, I would think you can't go wrong with either pair. Let us know what you decide! :graucho:

I've been looking for some black leather leggings. I'm trying to decide between these two.

Vince
View attachment 1824831 View attachment 1824839

Helmut Lang
View attachment 1824840 View attachment 1824841

All these mod pics make me need to say a HUGE YAY! You all look fab, and I had to think of you (ama, juneping and carolines mode to name a few) when I read the title of the thread:biggrin:...
Here are modeling pics of my vince leather leggings. I love them! The leather is just so soft and comfy. They're cropped, but on me they're the perfect full-length legging. :P

Excuse the awkward poses- these were originally mod pics for the purse.
I am glad you kept yours, totally rockin em:smile:

fun thread...
" I don't feel that an atmosphere of debate and total disagreement and argument is such a bad thing. It makes for a vital and alive field. "

Here is my old and trusty helmut lang leggings - these are half cotton/ half leather!

I love leather leggings!

I also dont think you have to be super thin to pull them off. Kim kardashian has been wearing leather leggings on almost a daily basis, and when styled correctly, they look great!
For ideas on what to wear with them, I would look at Olivia palermo, i think she always looks fabulous with them!

Heres some of olivia:

I think leather leggings are cool, so that's a yay from me. :smile: I've been wanting a pair Helmut Lang's leggings for some time now. Here's a picture of Caroline of Caroline's Mode. I think she looks great in hers! :smile:
I want a pair too;)...maybe on our meet we'll find a pair?:smile:I need to check the Jitrois though the price tag is quite unbelievable:P

here's mine...
DSC_0066.JPG