Campomaggi,,what do y think of it?:)

AstaK.

Feb 13, 2011
I was just browsing these online auctionpages and this one woman was sellin a small weekender made my italian brand Campomaggi. I was REALLY attracted to model and rough craftmanship and decided to give it an offer:biggrin:

Seller was nice to tell the sites where yoy can purchase these bags, from this sort of small family busines in Italy,based on one mans visions( if I got it right and if I didnt..sorry..)

Here are the site, tell me what you think?

www.campomaggi.it.

Selling sites:
www.wardow.com
www.tintinstyle.se

In my eyes the brands are going more and more to factory/luxury and that really makes me sad. Seing this spectacular brands craftmanship and personality brough some joy to me,hopefully to you too:smile:

AND IF ANYONE HAS A KNOWLEDGE OF SIMILAR BRANDS, PLEASE IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A THREAD OF INDIVIDUALLY CRAFTED BAGS!!!

Campomaggi is on my wishlist, I think their bags are durable utilitarian fashion with the aged and distressed look already in place, which is fantastic! I used to like Clava and Mulholland Brothers, but the Campomaggi vintage look is especially beautiful. I like the studded versions and ones that have very strong uneven tones. These bags are meant to be used and not just for fashion statement, that is why they are made with materials that are heavy.

There is also another site run by husband and wife team (?), called Marcopoloni.com selling Campomaggi, they have other Italian lines very similar to Campomaggi as well. I think Pierotucci.com also sells Campomaggi.

Hi there, I have a Campomaggi bag. It is quite big and has a load of studs on the front flap. The colour is there signature cognac rust colour. I have had it for about two years and I absolutley love it. It still smells like you are standing next to a cow on a field. :smile: the leather is very sturdy and the overall quality is great. :smile: more questions welcome if you wish.

^that sounds like a great bag :smile:

Would you be able to upload a picture of your bag as it looks now? Do you use it every day? I'd love to see more well-loved bags!

image-1628132609.jpg

So here is the bag I was talking about. I am not sure if it has a specific name. I do not carry it all the time but I did for a good three months after I bought it. I have many bags (of course, otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum:smile:...i rotate them so that they don't get jelous of one another. ;)

But I would say this bag is one of my favorite because it is so unusual.

^that sounds like a great bag :smile:

Would you be able to upload a picture of your bag as it looks now? Do you use it every day? I'd love to see more well-loved bags!

It has aged well, hasnt it? There is truly a challange in the future to make bags more resistant to everyday use. It surely is frustrating to feel that quality lacks from two thousand eurodollar bag...

Royalbohemian, your bag looks great, one Im after is similar colored:P

I was truly impressed about this Campomaggi, as an artist one sees one:heart:,,Maybe I should chill it a littlebit, I dont want the poor guy to think I want to marry him!!!LOL!!!

One thing was remarkable when I was thinking this. I sort of felt the bag to be so indivudual, tha getting another one would be greedy:rolleyes:. Like eating more than one ultimate layered chokolate cupcake!!! And I dont really think like that normally...not with bags...

Anyway I was thrilled to make this found, Ill send modelling picture if I get the bag!

But I would say this bag is one of my favorite because it is so unusual.

Thank you so much for sharing your photo... such a lovely bag. I like how the bag has that well loved and traveled look. The leather looks so sturdy and loving how the leather is draping over the top of the bag, just great.

It has aged well, hasnt it? There is truly a challange in the future to make bags more resistant to everyday use. It surely is frustrating to feel that quality lacks from two thousand eurodollar bag...

I agree -- I would have purchased Campomaggi or even Frye if I wasn't so impatient! Don't know if you knew I purchased a distressed Liebeskind Berlin Donna recently so I will have to wait a little while before I can consider adding another bag.

While I love my luxury designers, I think the casual, distressed hobo style is better for me every day, draping closer to the body and maybe less *actual* wear-and-tear (the vintage look without having to spend years creating it!)

Just yesterday I discovered via a suggestion on the forum, an Etsy bag maker, they are called MimsMaine on Etsy. You make your own bag with your choice of their leather/linings/hardware, they are not exactly distressed but their quality looks similar to tumbled leathers. They are a cottage industry so I think the prices are not as high as the other designers.

I was just browsing these online auctionpages and this one woman was sellin a small weekender made my italian brand Campomaggi. I was REALLY attracted to model and rough craftmanship and decided to give it an offer:biggrin:

Seller was nice to tell the sites where yoy can purchase these bags, from this sort of small family busines in Italy,based on one mans visions( if I got it right and if I didnt..sorry..)

Here are the site, tell me what you think?

www.campomaggi.it.

Selling sites:
www.wardow.com
www.tintinstyle.se

In my eyes the brands are going more and more to factory/luxury and that really makes me sad. Seing this spectacular brands craftmanship and personality brough some joy to me,hopefully to you too:smile:

AND IF ANYONE HAS A KNOWLEDGE OF SIMILAR BRANDS, PLEASE IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A THREAD OF INDIVIDUALLY CRAFTED BAGS!!!
Lovely bags, indeed, but they must be too heavy.

I agree -- I would have purchased Campomaggi or even Frye if I wasn't so impatient! Don't know if you knew I purchased a distressed Liebeskind Berlin Donna recently so I will have to wait a little while before I can consider adding another bag.

While I love my luxury designers, I think the casual, distressed hobo style is better for me every day, draping closer to the body and maybe less *actual* wear-and-tear (the vintage look without having to spend years creating it!)

Just yesterday I discovered via a suggestion on the forum, an Etsy bag maker, they are called MimsMaine on Etsy. You make your own bag with your choice of their leather/linings/hardware, they are not exactly distressed but their quality looks similar to tumbled leathers. They are a cottage industry so I think the prices are not as high as the other designers.

Lovely bags too, you mentioned. Ive also heard Liebeskin bags, little industrial! Is the brand german? Berlin Donna looks :cool:..

Best brand to my taste that takes beating for years, is surely Mulberry as long as the maintenance is correct. I have one aged about 25 years and it still looks great. Some brands no matter how high quality they are, start to lok quite disgusting after first shot..but surely wearing them takes an little sort of different effort.

Ive actually made some bags by myself and have to admit, they are HORRIBLE!!! Becouse of the joke, Ill post the picture of one of them if I post something about Campomaggi, if the auction goes through for my effort. Youll get a good laugh:roflmfao:

It surely takes a distinguished taste to create a cool bag!

Ive actually made some bags by myself and have to admit, they are HORRIBLE!!! Becouse of the joke, Ill post the picture of one of them if I post something about Campomaggi, if the auction goes through for my effort. Youll get a good laugh:roflmfao:

It surely takes a distinguished taste to create a cool bag!

Oh I bet your bag work is lovely :smile: You should show a picture here or in the arts & crafts thread!

I used to make some fabric quilted bags so I know how much work goes into making any kind of bag - lots of drafting, measuring, cutting and sewing so it is a labor of love when it is done one bag at a time :smile: Sometimes the materials and labor take so much money and time...

I agree, Liebeskind Donna has an industrial look, especially on the taupe color, it is a blue-green gray, to me it looks like a light petrol color which is pretty cool :cool:

Oh I bet your bag work is lovely :smile: You should show a picture here or in the arts & crafts thread!

I used to make some fabric quilted bags so I know how much work goes into making any kind of bag - lots of drafting, measuring, cutting and sewing so it is a labor of love when it is done one bag at a time :smile: Sometimes the materials and labor take so much money and time...

I agree, Liebeskind Donna has an industrial look, especially on the taupe color, it is a blue-green gray, to me it looks like a light petrol color which is pretty cool :cool:

Nooo, I put it next to Cambomaggi bag..LOL!!! Ill bet the artisan would have a fit..:graucho:

Sadly, someone bitted more from a bag, but its ok, cause now Im free to choose from more options, Ill think Ill go chocolate, its more my colour than peanuts, can u believe that?!

Industrial look is marvelous and German Vogue is REALLY luxurious...