Ode to the Lindy

hi josiren

i got a lindy 30 about 2 weeks ago and i love it. i have carried almost every day to work which means if i don't have time to change to a smaller bag or clutch, its use extends to cocktails and dinner. where i live, my definition of cocktails basically means having spontaneous drinks after work kind of thing. lindy is a day to night bag up to a certain point for me. i definitely won't bring it to a formal event. the same rule applies for birkins anyway :smile:

hope that helps ;)

Reactions: ML2095
Hi Lindy Lovers...

Was wondering if Lindy goes well for dinners?
Lindy potrays a day-to-day bag, but how about bringing it for dinners/formal events?
Any pics to see how a Lindy will fall in with formal dress-up?

Also, how's swift as compared to Clemence? Is it prone to nail/keys scratches?

Hope to get some info...

TIA!!! :love:

hi josiren

i got a lindy 30 about 2 weeks ago and i love it. i have carried almost every day to work which means if i don't have time to change to a smaller bag or a clutch, its use extends to cocktails and dinner. where i live, my definition of cocktails basically means having spontaneous drinks after work. lindy is a day to night bag up to a certain point for me. i definitely won't bring it to a formal event. the same rule applies for birkins anyway :smile:

hope that helps ;);)

Hello all, do you think the size matters for lindy being carried in a more formal setting like company party, fancy dinner, etc.? Perhaps the 26 lindy would look nicer? What do you all think?

hi josiren

i got a lindy 30 about 2 weeks ago and i love it. i have carried almost every day to work which means if i don't have time to change to a smaller bag or a clutch, its use extends to cocktails and dinner. where i live, my definition of cocktails basically means having spontaneous drinks after work. lindy is a day to night bag up to a certain point for me. i definitely won't bring it to a formal event. the same rule applies for birkins anyway :smile:

hope that helps ;);)

Somewhere I have pictures of a Lindy at a formal event and I thought it looked surprisingly good. And really it is a question of your style. An exotic might work as well~
Here is how I like the Lindy

Attachments

• IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2756.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4,028
  • gayatri%20joshi.jpg
    gayatri%20joshi.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 4,094
  • Mrs_%20and%20Mr%20Alexander%20Tedja.JPG
    Mrs_%20and%20Mr%20Alexander%20Tedja.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 4,527
I think the size does matter if you want to bring your lindy to a more formal event, definitely the exotics will be in the front seat... second maybe the swifts. Clemence will be more informal so may not work in formal events except maybe in neutral colors... Again it will depend on your style..

Jadeite said:
i passed over a pelouse lindy at a reseller once. never stopped kicking myself for that.

That is me, I did it get it and someone else was and realized it was not the color green she was wanting and she contacted me back and asked if I was still interested. I thought about it said yes because I was already mad the first time I Missed out on it. I just hope I love the color:smile: