What to do with a 0.5 ct diamond, not great quality?

fayewolf

O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I bought a pair of earrings 10 year ago from a jewelry store my friend works at, I'm sick to my stomach now thinking about it because I can't believe I paid $2000 that long ago for a pair of bad quality stud earrings. Anyways, I lost one of them on business trip and the lone diamond has been sitting in my drawer.

Is there anything I can do with it? Probably pendent because quality is not good enough for a ring, I already have a Tiffany Dbty white gold necklace but small at .2 ct.

Thoughts?

I bought a pair of earrings 10 year ago from a jewelry store my friend works at, I'm sick to my stomach now thinking about it because I can't believe I paid $2000 that long ago for a pair of bad quality stud earrings. Anyways, I lost one of them on business trip and the lone diamond has been sitting in my drawer.

Is there anything I can do with it? Probably pendent because quality is not good enough for a ring, I already have a Tiffany Dbty white gold necklace but small at .2 ct.

Thoughts?

Been there! Wish I'd have known about these forums sooner :smile:

What about a single stone dbty bracelet? I had one made by good old gold and I love it! I, too, lost an earring and this was the perfect choice for me-

Been there! Wish I'd have known about these forums sooner :smile:

What about a single stone dbty bracelet? I had one made by good old gold and I love it! I, too, lost an earring and this was the perfect choice for me-

Ooh.. If I supply the diamond, how much would it cost if u don't mind me asking?

Pic???

single stone dbty bracelet is a great idea.

I would love to know the the price range custom by good old gold.

Actually, Marie at GOG helped me with the one stone dbty bracelet and also I had a half carat oval they set east west in a single dbty necklace! 250 for the bracelet and 350 for the necklace in white gold. I will post pics in a bit :smile:

I price shopped and GOG was the best I found. I shipped on a Friday and it was back to me in less than 10 days! They are awesome.

Attachments

• necklace.JPG
    necklace.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 666
Ooh.. If I supply the diamond, how much would it cost if u don't mind me asking?

Pic???

I forgot to add: my bracelet stone is something like a .23 and the east/west oval is a half carat. The metal is 14K white gold. The chains are sturdy without looking overpowering. I'm very pleased and I'm very picky :smile:

Wow!!! Super pretty!!!

So I already have a platinum .20 ct dbty necklace, would you think I should get the .5 as a necklace to layer or get it in bracelet??

Issue- I don't want to get it in platinum cos it's very expensive. But if I get it in white gold, the color diff may be weird if I layer. Plus I may wear the larger stone more than smaller :P
Maybe set in yellow gold?

If I do it in bracelet, would it be too big? Does it show , in another word, travels to other side of wrist so it's not visible?

Thanks!!!

If you like yellow gold, I recommend a yellow gold dbty necklace. You can make it 18" so you can wear as is or layer with your Tiffany's. Yellow gold is good at hiding the flaws of less than perfect diamond. In layering, it is also ok for the longer length necklace to have a bigger pendant than the shorter length one (but not the other way around), so it will be just right.

Actually, Marie at GOG helped me with the one stone dbty bracelet and also I had a half carat oval they set east west in a single dbty necklace! 250 for the bracelet and 350 for the necklace in white gold. I will post pics in a bit :smile:

I price shopped and GOG was the best I found. I shipped on a Friday and it was back to me in less than 10 days! They are awesome.

Necklace and bracelet is gorgeous. What is the chain thinkness for the necklace and bracelet? Would you mind show us the back of the bezel? I just had my bracelet dbty done w/ three stone and now I wan to have necklace done too and perhaps another bracelet.