Wealthy people/ people who owns more than 1 Chanel please give me your opinion...

Maria Adam

Apr 18, 2012
Hi all...I don't have a lot of money and I have to save in order to buy a new designer bag. I find that I am pretty fussy and picky when it comes to selecting the perfect handbag.

I go though every single corners and details. I make sure that there are no flaws and if they happen to have more than 1 at the shop, I would ask the SA to bring the other one out so I can compare and pick the best out of the 2.

If there is something wrong I would be upset and just not satisfied and try to exchange or get repaired asap.

My question to you all lovely wealthy people who doesn't need to save and who have spare money to buy designer bag, are you guys as fussy as me?

Do you go through the bag like I do or at least check that there is no flaws, or you just quickly scan the bag and go.."yes I will take it"

Or do you even more fussier because you are considered as valued customer and you expect nothing but perfect.

Thank you for your time ready this.

Hi all...I don't have a lot of money and I have to save in order to buy a new designer bag. I find that I am pretty fussy and picky when it comes to selecting the perfect handbag.

I go though every single corners and details. I make sure that there are no flaws and if they happen to have more than 1 at the shop, I would ask the SA to bring the other one out so I can compare and pick the best out of the 2.

If there is something wrong I would be upset and just not satisfied and try to exchange or get repaired asap.

My question to you all lovely wealthy people who doesn't need to save and who have spare money to buy designer bag, are you guys as fussy as me?

Do you go through the bag like I do or at least check that there is no flaws, or you just quickly scan the bag and go.."yes I will take it"

Or do you even more fussier because you are considered as valued customer and you expect nothing but perfect.

Thank you for your time ready this.

Last edited:
My husband pays for my handbags and I buy Chanel every 2-3 months and also consign those i outgrow or regard as impulse purchases. I buy new and pre-owned(depending on the condition of the bags that I like). it is good sense to expect zero flaws, especially if you are paying good money, regardless whether one is wealthy or one saves to buy a coveted designer handbag. If am buying new from the boutique, I would really inspect the goods closely. Seriously, nobody wants to live with flawed goods, especially when buying new.It is also a hassle to return items. I wanna walk away from the boutique and enjoy my bag "instantly" :smile:

Personally, I think money has nothing to do with being fussy. People pay for quality hence they will check if the bag they purchase has a defect before paying for it.

All I look for is that the zipper works, and there are no dents or scratches (if vernis).

After all, these bags are meant to be used and enjoyed. The vachetta will scratch, get dirty from hands, water and dirt - the stitching will also get dirty, the vachetta changes colour into a honey colour, azur and vernis get colour transfer from dark jeans/clothes etc.

I am not OCD about it. I don't think anything is ever perfect, and if you are really going to be OCD about it, maybe LV isn't the brand for you...

I am not that wealthy but I am not as picky as you are. I just check the main things (like zipper and is it stain free) and that is it. I do not look for perfect canvas match and things like that.

I think there is a difference between flawed and perfection. Some girls get obsessed with perfection and that simply doesn't exist. I wouldn't get a flawed bag but looking for the absolute perfect bag that is handmade is sometimes a really frustrating, if impossible task. Buying a bag should be an exciting enjoyable experience, sometimes being too picky just makes it a tedious process that's a real chore ;-(

I think there is a difference between flawed and perfection. Some girls get obsessed with perfection and that simply doesn't exist. I wouldn't get a flawed bag but looking for the absolute perfect bag that is handmade is sometimes a really frustrating, if impossible task. Buying a bag should be an exciting enjoyable experience, sometimes being too picky just makes it a tedious process that's a real chore ;-(
Well said!

All I look for is that the zipper works, and there are no dents or scratches (if vernis).

After all, these bags are meant to be used and enjoyed. The vachetta will scratch, get dirty from hands, water and dirt - the stitching will also get dirty, the vachetta changes colour into a honey colour, azur and vernis get colour transfer from dark jeans/clothes etc.

I am not OCD about it. I don't think anything is ever perfect, and if you are really going to be OCD about it, maybe LV isn't the brand for you...

Agree!, these bags are meant to be used and enjoyed. It's crazy to spend all these money and just put it in the box :smile:

I think I am only OCD only in the beginning of owning a new bag, I would baby it so much :smile:. After a while, I don't think about it anymore, I am careful about it but not as OCD as the first few weeks lol.

I much rather liking the honey colour in vachetta. No...I love LV so much haha, I am just curious of what others' process of picking the bag from the shop and owning it for the first few weeks.

What is your naxt purchase btw?

My husband pays for my handbags and I buy Chanel every 2-3 months and also consign those i outgrow or regard as impulse purchases. I buy new and pre-owned(depending on the condition of the bags that I like). it is good sense to expect zero flaws, especially if you are paying good money, regardless whether one is wealthy or one saves to buy a coveted designer handbag. If am buying new from the boutique, I would really inspect the goods closely. Seriously, nobody wants to live with flawed goods, especially when buying new.It is also a hassle to return items. I wanna walk away from the boutique and enjoy my bag "instantly" :smile:
Wow...every 2-3 months...yes it is a hassle when you found the flaws after you took it home.

I'm not wealthy. I have to save for a few months for each bag. I do check my bags over though. I look for chips in hardware, scratches on leather, pen marks, etc. I honestly cannot see the flaws on at least half the bags and wallets that other members post on hear when they ask if they should return an item. I carefully check my items, but I'm not OCD I suppose.

I'm not that OCD but I make sure the print is aligned and there aren't any marks on the leather. I have never asked to compare two bags and pick the best though...they're the same to me as long as there isn't damage...funny, last bag I bought I checked it over and said ok looks good and my SA actually cought a black thumb print underneath the strap on the delightful and grabbed a different one...so I'm not that good at checking them out anyway lol

Regardless of the amount i'm paying i don't like poor quality, but with Chanel there have been some obvious flaws such as misaligned quilting, scratches, creases etc. It's standard to check for those when making a purchase, i wouldn't buy it if there was anything that obvious, but aside from that i wouldn't make it a full blown quest for perfection.
I don't think its about the quantity you own, each bag is its own special piece and should make your heart flutter :smile:)