Do you own egyptian jewlery???

Bagluvluv

ALMA HUNTER
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I have an Art History class that got me sooo fancinated with Egyptian culture....its really has alot of Christian roots to it...alot of simularities....

There is alot of wonderful symbols that has such great meanings....

So I just ordered a Scarab and lotus flower bracelet...will load pics when I receive it in a day or so...

Do you guys own any pieces??? Very curious......:P

Actually, I think Christianity received lots of influence from Egypt....since Egypt is sooo much older. The earliest representations of Goddess-Madonna with Baby boy on lap are from Egypt, from the cult of Isis. IIRC, they're like 2500BCE

I have a few pieces of modern Egyptian style jewelry - and we've been looking on ebay for old stuff. I have a 1930's choker style Egyptian necklace and need to get it out and wear it!

Here's a necklace from around 700-1000BC (not mine, it's in a museum. :blah:)

Actually, I think Christianity received lots of influence from Egypt....since Egypt is sooo much older. The earliest representations of Goddess-Madonna with Baby boy on lap are from Egypt, from the cult of Isis. IIRC, they're like 2500BCE

I have a few pieces of modern Egyptian style jewelry - and we've been looking on ebay for old stuff. I have a 1930's choker style Egyptian necklace and need to get it out and wear it!

Here's a necklace from around 700-1000BC (not mine, it's in a museum. :blah:)

Exactly!! That is what I was thinking and trying to say....:P Like the Ankh, which is like the cross we now know.....there are sooo many interesting simularities...and the meanings behind their culture is truley amazing.....

That necklace is just wonderful!!!!! I cant wait for mine...here is what it looks like.....

http://www.nilestone.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=280

Sorry guys its taking so long for pics...but the darn thing is coming straight fron Egypt and taking sooo long....well at least they refunded my shipping but...ughhhh, I dont want to miss the delivery cause I got classes!!!!:sweatdrop:

I have just bought a Egyptain ring from London in one of the big stores. its amazing done in gold with an oval centre, in the centre is wood, which I know sounds really strange, but the wood has gone hard and is shaped like a scarab, the oval flips over and their is writing in the wood on the other side which is Egyptian

I have just bought a Egyptain ring from London in one of the big stores. its amazing done in gold with an oval centre, in the centre is wood, which I know sounds really strange, but the wood has gone hard and is shaped like a scarab, the oval flips over and their is writing in the wood on the other side which is Egyptian

Wow!!! Sounds amazing!!!!!!! Pics plz!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

I've always loved the "Queen of the Nile" necklace pictured here: http://www.gaiapelikan.com/neckware.html

and the scarab and diamond ring pictured on this page: http://www.gaiapelikan.com/mensrings.html

WOW! Love, love the scarab ring....a real artifact too!!!! A dream come true...but the price is like...:sweatdrop:

Oh, my bracelet came but is wayyy to big and had to give it to my local jewler for reduction....by the way...it doesnt look as good as in the picture, it looks a bit...odd.....but I loveeee the meaning and will wear this one everyday....but the quality is great.....will post pics as soon as I can...so sorry!!!!!:smile:

This is my favorite
attachment.php