Should i? A tiffany color-by-the yard necklace

ririan

O.G.
Jun 4, 2007
Tiffany dbty is easily one of the most popular items with the ladies in this forum n I can clearly see why. I wish I can buy one too, but I do have the following two diamond necklaces which are not Tiffany of course, but have similar design concept as the dbty.

image-360602168.jpg

Thus, I am thinking of getting the 0.08c color-by-the-yard necklace in pink sapphire instead. Sapphire is my birthstone n I have been looking around for a nice one to get. I don't really fancy the traditional blue sapphire n prefer a lighter stone n I am happy to know that Tiffany sells pink sapphire jewelries :smile:

I can't seem to find many pictures of tiffany pink sapphire by the yard necklace on the Internet. Anyone here has one? Is it sparkly? I m worried it will not be as sparkling as a diamond n will "disappear" into my skin :P

Any thoughts from all of u nice ladies will be much appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• dbty.jpg
    dbty.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 10,680
I have the SS pink sapphire dbty bracelet as well as the tsavorite bracelet. I don;t think I have any pictures of it though. it's a baby pink colour and suprisingly does sparkle well in the proper lighting!

many thanks for all the replies!!

The emotional side of me says just go and get it as I like the design and the fact that sapphire is my birthstone, but the rational side of me is telling me I may not wear it much if it is not as blinging as my other diamond necklaces :sad: dilemma dilemma

Candid if you get the time would you mind posting some photos of your Tiffany tsavorite and pink sapphire bracelets . I'm thinking of buying these myself
I would love to see how they look layered together and with other bracelets. You have great layering bracelets for them
I'm thinking of layering with a Carolina bucci lucky bracelet and van cleef and arpels sweet Alhambra , do you think the sweet bracelet would go with the dbty / colors by the yard bracelets ?

I have the SS pink sapphire dbty bracelet as well as the tsavorite bracelet. I don;t think I have any pictures of it though. it's a baby pink colour and suprisingly does sparkle well in the proper lighting!

I think you'd really love it . I'm saving for the matching aquamarine me necklace and bracelet set as that's my birthstone - I do absolutely love the idea of pink sapphire so am considering a bracelet on pink sapphire too

many thanks for all the replies!!

The emotional side of me says just go and get it as I like the design and the fact that sapphire is my birthstone, but the rational side of me is telling me I may not wear it much if it is not as blinging as my other diamond necklaces :sad: dilemma dilemma

Candid if you get the time would you mind posting some photos of your Tiffany tsavorite and pink sapphire bracelets . I'm thinking of buying these myself
I would love to see how they look layered together and with other bracelets. You have great layering bracelets for them
I'm thinking of layering with a Carolina bucci lucky bracelet and van cleef and arpels sweet Alhambra , do you think the sweet bracelet would go with the dbty / colors by the yard bracelets ?
definitely!! I wear my rg clover sweet bracelet with the dbty's all the time. they add something interesting and different to the dbty's :smile: and I also wear then with my carolina bucci bracelet too!

Tiffany dbty is easily one of the most popular items with the ladies in this forum n I can clearly see why. I wish I can buy one too, but I do have the following two diamond necklaces which are not Tiffany of course, but have similar design concept as the dbty.

Thus, I am thinking of getting the 0.08c color-by-the-yard necklace in pink sapphire instead. Sapphire is my birthstone n I have been looking around for a nice one to get. I don't really fancy the traditional blue sapphire n prefer a lighter stone n I am happy to know that Tiffany sells pink sapphire jewelries :smile:

I can't seem to find many pictures of tiffany pink sapphire by the yard necklace on the Internet. Anyone here has one? Is it sparkly? I m worried it will not be as sparkling as a diamond n will "disappear" into my skin :P

Any thoughts from all of u nice ladies will be much appreciated :smile:

how much carat weight are your necklaces? they look very pretty. I especially love the sparks in the solitaire. :biggrin:

Last edited:
hi purseaddictnew,

Thanks for your compliment :smile:
My dbty is made of 10 tiny diamonds (5 pointer each), surprisingly sparkling despite the small size. I bought it from a local Japanese jeweller and the workmanship is amazing.

My pendant is not a solitaire, it is the HOF Fulfullment pendant with a 0.17c center stone surrounded by 10 tiny diamonds, 0.27tcw. It is very very beautiful :smile:

Last edited:
ok... latest news...

My husband bought the pink sapphire by the yard for me last night :smile: but I wont be able to show here until he returns from his business trip.

He told me he pick the 'largest' stone he could find from that tiffany store he went lol. Guess he is not used to such a tiny stone lol.

This will be my first Tiffany item (yes, I know, I am slow ..). Can this sterling silver necklace be worn everyday without taking it off during shower? I usually take off my other sterling silver jewelries before shower, but I am hoping Tiffany ss is special and can withstand daily wear.

hi purseaddictnew,

Thanks for your compliment :smile:
My dbty is made of 10 tiny diamonds (5 pointer each), surprisingly sparkling despite the small size. I bought it from a local Japanese jeweller and the workmanship is amazing.

My pendant is not a solitaire, it is the HOF Fulfullment pendant with a 0.17c center stone surrounded by 10 tiny diamonds, 0.27tcw. It is very very beautiful :smile:

oh wow, can't tell from the pic. it's def very sparkly. congrats on your new DBTY necklace!