ok i need help

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
rose is making me do this. lol.

i have a sort of event tonight. it's a networking thing kind of for me. a friend invited me. all she told me was to "be comfortable". like an @#%^$%& i am dressed in a wool sweater, grey pants and a white tank. there's a pic of me in the fave scarf thread. i'm wearing my how to tie a scarf scarf,. is this good? should i try and get another scarf or soemthing before. technically it starts at 6:30 but not sure what time i should really be there. help!

NO - you don't need another scarf.
if you want a fun, playful way to wear the scarf, i LOVE this: take the scarf, lie it flat. pull 2 opposite corners together and tie them once, and pull them out, which will bring the other 2 corners in. then tie the longer pieces around your neck and knot at the back. tuck in the 2 flapping ends in front to create a sort of puffy bowtie!
i'm not sure with the dimensions of your pocharf how this will turn out, but i love this look.
i think joanna posted it on here first and taught me how to do it.

I agree.....take off the wool sweater and tie that gorgeous scarf loosely around your neck....let me see if I have any pics I can post of something that might work.......

ok....something like this but just make it looser....KWIM?

Attachments

• _MG_2792scarf7.jpg
    _MG_2792scarf7.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 66
i almost brought a blazer with me too but i was rushing out of the house and forgot it. i could cry. i feel like an idiot. and idiot in a wool sweater and coat.

LOL......you are NOT an idiot! OMG...how many times have I had this same dilemma! We all do at one time or another. Would you be comfortable without the greay sweater and just the white top with your gorgeous scarf?

attachment.php

That's just so elegant, try that H. I am going to paste another one for you before I go.

I agree, if you can, loose the sweater, and go with just the tank. You have a coat with you, right? That should keep you warm when you are out.

but that can be soo cool. a ratty old tank with an hermes scarf. as long as you have... "coverage" lol.
in a pic in my scarf thread, i'm wearing a blazer (ooops, sorry) with a hanes tank (very ratty) and the scarf as a belt.