No response from buyer?

yoyotomatoe

Live~Laugh~Love
O.G.
Jan 16, 2012
I recently sold an item on bonanza. I had contacted the buyer to let them know that I would be out of town and would not be able to ship until friday (last friday). Then I send the buyer shipping information, inform her that I refunded some shipping costs and asked for her to contact me when she receives the item as I like to know that the item is in my buyers possession. The item was delivered yesterday and I emailed the buyer to see if she got the item ok and to make sure she was happy with her purchase. On all 3 occassions I have not received a response. Should I assume she is happy with the item? She has zero feedback, so with no communication either I am a little worried she might try to pull some scam (with all the horror stories I have read).

As long as you can prove receipt (DC or SC) there is nothing else you can do. Most Bonz buyers aren't all that familiar with how the site operates so they may not know how to leave fb. As long as you know they received it I would let it go.

As long as you can prove receipt (DC or SC) there is nothing else you can do. Most Bonz buyers aren't all that familiar with how the site operates so they may not know how to leave fb. As long as you know they received it I would let it go.

Thanks for your response. I guess I will assume she received it and is happy with it. I just like communicating with my buyers/sellers, no surprises on either ends. Guess not everyone is like me :shrugs:

These days as a seller I figure no news is good news. You don't want to bother your buyer too much.

Yeah you are right. I had once emailed a buyer twice to remind her to leave feedback but she never did. I figured oh well, might as well stop harrassing her since she did email me and told me she loved it.

Yeah you are right. I had once emailed a buyer twice to remind her to leave feedback but she never did. I figured oh well, might as well stop harrassing her since she did email me and told me she loved it.

I think many buyers use Bonanza like a storefront, they have no desire to be chatty or communicative, they just want their purchase sent efficiently like any buyer would from any kind of store... :smile:

And honestly I would not follow up with buyers twice to leave feedback again in the future, or at all. I think buyers find this annoying and they may even dock your feedback when/if they do leave it eventually. Just be thorough and accurate and let the feedback fall where it may. :smile:

I think many buyers use Bonanza like a storefront, they have no desire to be chatty or communicative, they just want their purchase sent efficiently like any buyer would from any kind of store... :smile:

And honestly I would not follow up with buyers twice to leave feedback again in the future, or at all. I think buyers find this annoying and they may even dock your feedback when/if they do leave it eventually. Just be thorough and accurate and let the feedback fall where it may. :smile:

Thanks for the input :smile:

The percentage of buyers who leave feedback is probably only around 60-65%, and most in that 60% leave it in their own time. Email reminders probably aren't enough to push the "non-FB-leavers" into doing it, but they might be enough to keep others from leaving it, out of feeling pressured or bothered.

The percentage of buyers who leave feedback is probably only around 60-65%, and most in that 60% leave it in their own time. Email reminders probably aren't enough to push the "non-FB-leavers" into doing it, but they might be enough to keep others from leaving it, out of feeling pressured or bothered.

Do you think ebay is the same or better with leaving feedback?