The Ultimate Chloe Susan/Susanna/Suzanna Studded Boots thread

brigadeiro

O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I thought I would start a FAQ thread on the Chloe Susan/Susanna/Suzanna studded booties, for easy reference to those interested in them, answered by those who have them, what do you all think? :smile:

Here goes:

1. What colour boots do you have?
  2. Which year are they from (i.e. original Susan's from 2008 in lambskin or reissued Susanna's from 2011/2012 in calf leather)?
  3. Where did you buy yours?
  4. Do you find they run TTS?
  5. Did you size down/up?
  6. Have your boots stretched since you first bought them?
  7. Do you require insoles/heel grips?
  8. If you have them in different colours, which are your favourites and/or which colour do you wear most?
  9. What is your height/build? Do you find them flattering?
  10. What do you wear yours with? Please feel free to post pictures of your outfit in this Chloe Susan/Susanna outfit thread HERE.
My red pair only arrived yesterday (wondering whether to keep them or get the black), so I will post my answers soon ;)

image-2725645396.jpg

Just bought my red ones from mytheresa.com. I went a half size down and they fit very well without slipping or anything. Leather will eventually stretch and form just like your own foot. That's why you should never let anyone else wear your shoes :smile:

I haven't worn them much yet, since I am pregnant and only wear tights and dresses, but I picture these shoes will work out great wth jeans and white t-****t, as well as with a black mini skirt and a basic oversized sweater with just tanned legs :smile:

image-687325117.jpg

I want the black ones too, but right now I can't decide between the original ones and the new black pythons...

image-3088898431.jpg

Opinions?

^ Yay! Thanks for being the first to reply to this thread!

Gorgeous pics of your red boots stinaballerina! :heart:

At first I wasn't a fan of the python Susanna's, but they're growing on me (especially after seeing the picture above again), although personally, I think I'd go for the black as my 2nd pair (the Pythons will be more delicate, especially when running after little ones ;) )

Last edited:
Yes, you are probably right :smile:
I think I'll go for the original calf skin. The python is more expensive as well! I also think that the gold stud patterns may fade a bit within the rough surface of the python.

I bought my black Susannas last year from Departement Feminin, so they are the calf skin version. I sized down half a size and they fit perfectly. I noticed that the black version are a bit snugger than the red version, so something to keep in mind.

Would love a red pair too, but I don't need two of the same shoe :smile: I'm petite and 164cm and they look fine, but better with jeans than with skirts.

View attachment 1805879

Just bought my red ones from mytheresa.com. I went a half size down and they fit very well without slipping or anything. Leather will eventually stretch and form just like your own foot. That's why you should never let anyone else wear your shoes :smile:

I haven't worn them much yet, since I am pregnant and only wear tights and dresses, but I picture these shoes will work out great wth jeans and white t-****t, as well as with a black mini skirt and a basic oversized sweater with just tanned legs :smile:

View attachment 1805880

I want the black ones too, but right now I can't decide between the original ones and the new black pythons...

View attachment 1805881

Opinions?

I'd choose the black lambskin with SILVER studs!
Red is perfect with gold studs but I wish I'd waited for the black/silver combo instead of buying the black lambskin with gold...

love love these boots.. but im in between sizes.. so had to give mine up as its a bit tight... still hoping will find my perfect pair!

Hi A! The Susannas have been on my wishlist for the loooongest time but I just couldn't deal with the narrow-ish width. I tried as hard as I could to ignore the pain but my wide feet couldn't deal! Sadness.

love love these boots.. but im in between sizes.. so had to give mine up as its a bit tight... still hoping will find my perfect pair!

lol I think everyone is in between sizes in these boots!!! :lol:

They're wide/loose at the heel & narrow at the toe.

I've tried sizes 37.5 & 38 in both red & black lambskin and neither fit is just right :roll eyes: but the 37.5 red is the best fit so far.
I don't know about this season but for SS12 the black boots were definitely a tighter fit than the red.

Ok, tried my shoes out a bit more, so will answer my own questions :smile:

1. What colour boots do you have?
  2. Which year are they from (i.e. original Susan's from 2008 in lambskin or reissued Susanna's from 2011/2012 in calf leather)?
  3. Where did you buy yours?
  4. Do you find they run TTS?
  5. Did you size down/up?
  6. Have your boots stretched since you first bought them?
  7. Do you require insoles/heel grips?
  8. If you have them in different colours, which are your favourites and/or which colour do you wear most?
  9. What is your height/build? Do you find them flattering?
  10. What do you wear yours with? Please feel free to post pictures of your outfit in this Chloe Susan/Susanna outfit thread HERE.

1. Red
  2. 2012 calf leather
  3. Departement Feminin
  4. They seem TTS, but will require a bit of stretching if I want to wear them with thicker socks (they are perfect with merino wool stockings and regular socks so far)
  5. Sized down half a size
  6. They haven't stretched yet, as I haven't worn them out yet. I will loosen the buckle at the bottom until they stretch a bit, as I don't want them to stretch too much.
  7. No insoles/heel grips required as yet.
  8. Only have the red (so far :P, eyeing the black)
  9. I am 5'4" with fairly short/stumpy legs, so some thought is required to my outfit, to make sure they are still flattering.
  10. So far I have tried them with dresses and skirts with and without black merino wool stockings (both mid-calf, to around knee length, and a taupe leather skirt that is above knee-length), black pants (scrunched above the ankle - I need to find more pants/jeans for this), colours: navy, pale grey, white, black, taupe.
I think I am in :heart: :biggrin:

Straight-Laced said:
I'd choose the black lambskin with SILVER studs!
Red is perfect with gold studs but I wish I'd waited for the black/silver combo instead of buying the black lambskin with gold...

Are the black ones with silver studs availible online? Haven't seen them.

What colour boots do you have? Black
Which year are they from (i.e. original Susan's from 2008 in lambskin or reissued Susanna's from 2011/2012 in calf leather)? The 2011/2012 ones
Where did you buy yours? Neiman Marcus
Do you find they run TTS? 1/2 size smaller
Did you size down/up? down
Have your boots stretched since you first bought them? a little, yes!
Do you require insoles/heel grips? No
If you have them in different colours, which are your favourites and/or which colour do you wear most? Black, Navy
What is your height/build? Do you find them flattering? 5,3" yes quite flattering
What do you wear yours with? Please feel free to post pictures of your outfit in this Chloe Susan/Susanna outfit thread HERE. will post pics soon!

I'm so confused! The fall/winter ones are, according to NAP small to size now or according to saks TTS - as opposed to big to size. Anyone have the very newest release that can advise?