Older bags at the outlet?

mang0

Jun 24, 2012
I've been searching to see if I could find anything regarding this, but unfortunately haven't found anything, so thought I'd ask what the general consensus is about this...

How likely is it that you will be able to find an older bag (i.e. one that hit outlets in, let's say, January) at any outlet right now? Should I even bother trying to search outlets for older bags, or should I patiently await finding them on Ebay? I realize that it is probably extremely unlikely that any bag that has been in outlets that long would turn up at an outlet (unless someone had buyer's remorse 6 months later).

I've been searching to see if I could find anything regarding this, but unfortunately haven't found anything, so thought I'd ask what the general consensus is about this...

How likely is it that you will be able to find an older bag (i.e. one that hit outlets in, let's say, January) at any outlet right now? Should I even bother trying to search outlets for older bags, or should I patiently await finding them on Ebay? I realize that it is probably extremely unlikely that any bag that has been in outlets that long would turn up at an outlet (unless someone had buyer's remorse 6 months later).

I would say slim possibility - if the bag has already been released to the outlets, it's not likely to make an appearance UNLESS it's a return. If it was released in quantity at the outlet, there's likely to be a good number available on ebay.

What are you looking for?

I would say slim possibility - if the bag has already been released to the outlets, it's not likely to make an appearance UNLESS it's a return. If it was released in quantity at the outlet, there's likely to be a good number available on ebay.

What are you looking for?

The two bags listed in my signature. I think JAX still has limited quantities of the olive Abigail, so mostly I wanted to see if there is anywhere that I can find large black woven Sophia. There were like 3-4 large pewter Sophias on Ebay/Bonz for the past couple weeks, and they have all slowly disappeared over the course of a couple days.

The two bags listed in my signature. I think JAX still has limited quantities of the olive Abigail, so mostly I wanted to see if there is anywhere that I can find large black woven Sophia. There were like 3-4 large pewter Sophias on Ebay/Bonz for the past couple weeks, and they have all slowly disappeared over the course of a couple days.

I think both would be very tough to find at outlet. I don't recall ever seeing the black woven Sophias at outlet (I could be wrong), certanly the bronze were... ebay or bonz might be your best bet.

I think both would be very tough to find at outlet. I don't recall ever seeing the black woven Sophias at outlet (I could be wrong), certanly the bronze were... ebay or bonz might be your best bet.

Oh, I didn't know the black woven Sophias were NEVER in outlets. I just know they are very last year. :P Well, like they say, patience is a virtue. :smile: We'll see if I get lucky. Thanks!

I just picked up the exotic embossed abigail in brown this weekend at my outlet .. they said it was the only one they got & it was a transfer
The olive I picked up via another tPF member through JAX ... but the olive is a very exclusive limited edition is what my sa's are telling me .
Good luck & I hope you are able to get one..!!

I bought the large black woven Sophia at the outlet back in October. I remember because I was on vacation in Florida and stopped at an outlet in TN just for the bag! :smile:

Like the others said, I kind of doubt that they will show up again, unless someone returns one. But JAX and been known to send out bags that we are thought were long ago sold out to the outlets. You never know.

If Jax still has the bag you want, I suggest ordering it through the Coach store with a PCE. Chances of finding a return of an older bag at the outlet is possible but not probable.
Otherwise, just keep searching ebay daily for the bag you want, it will turn up sooner or later (especially if one doesn't mind buying used). But buying bags on ebay has it's problems, so I'd rather pay a little more and get it from Coach if at all possible.

You may also want to check places like Macy's for the Woven Sophia. I know they had the Pewter because that's where I got mine but I'm not sure about the Black. You never know what you may find. Call one and have an SA search by SKU number. They can tell you if any Macy's has the bag. It's a long shot but worth trying.

Thanks for the insight, guys!

You may also want to check places like Macy's for the Woven Sophia. I know they had the Pewter because that's where I got mine but I'm not sure about the Black. You never know what you may find. Call one and have an SA search by SKU number. They can tell you if any Macy's has the bag. It's a long shot but worth trying.

I will definitely try that. Thank you! :smile:

If Jax still has the bag you want, I suggest ordering it through the Coach store with a PCE. Chances of finding a return of an older bag at the outlet is possible but not probable.
Otherwise, just keep searching ebay daily for the bag you want, it will turn up sooner or later (especially if one doesn't mind buying used). But buying bags on ebay has it's problems, so I'd rather pay a little more and get it from Coach if at all possible.

Unfortunately, I called JAX and they no longer have either bag. I don't really mind bags pre-owned actually, as long as they're clean and taken care of. But dealing with Ebay is a whole different story. :P

I just picked up the exotic embossed abigail in brown this weekend at my outlet .. they said it was the only one they got & it was a transfer
The olive I picked up via another tPF member through JAX ... but the olive is a very exclusive limited edition is what my sa's are telling me .
Good luck & I hope you are able to get one..!!

Ooh, nice! Maybe that means I still have a chance.... I might call the outlet to see if they can do outlet wide searches. Do you know if the searches are district only or if they can search all outlets everywhere?

Unfortunately, I called JAX and they no longer have either bag. I don't really mind bags pre-owned actually, as long as they're clean and taken care of. But dealing with Ebay is a whole different story. :P

Ooh, nice! Maybe that means I still have a chance.... I might call the outlet to see if they can do outlet wide searches. Do you know if the searches are district only or if they can search all outlets everywhere?

I picked up a Cashmere Croc Abigail at the outlet just last month, it was a return - but they are still out there.

Ebay can be a great place to trade, you just have to make sure you do your homework. Look at the feedback, get the guys in the authenticate thread to give their opinion and pay via pp with a credit card. That way if there are any issues you have a way of getting your money back. If you have any questions, need more pics make sure you ask BEFORE bidding. GL

I picked up a Chelsea Emerson Boucle satchel this weekend for $122 so don't give up yet. People return things all the time, especially if they did not get a great deal the first time around!