help! feel scammed out of $600 - no item and no refund

hotshot said:
First of all I would try to resolve this amicably as possible..

You would have the option of small claims court but it is time consuming

as well as emotional rollercoaster..

Do you live in the same state??

If not that is a big problem....you can file on line but again its not the most

pleasant of experiences to go through..

Wait til you know the seller has received the package back & then perhaps

send another note..

And you may want to give ebay/pp a call to advise what your next course of

action might be...

&

Yes we live in the same state

rainrowan said:
I'm sorry about your situation... you don't know if the shoes might have fit you after all, without ever having tried them out on your feet.

I think at this point, you have to wait for the seller to have her package returned to her. If she has a decent history of good rating, then it's all very possible that she'll do right by you. Right now, she's not going to refund or communicate with you until that box of shoes is back in her possession. She could be upset that you are questioning her expertise on Louboutins, who knows.

Do you have the original tracking number that was used to send the box to you? Perhaps you can trace it through the postoffice website and see if it's arrived yet... you NEED to have proof that the shoes were returned to the seller's doorstep I think. As it is, there's already been an eBay ruling so I think you need to immediately go to your credit card company that is linked to your PayPal and try to get the charges reversed immediately. You will need the tracking info, I think, for proof

Yes I have the tracking as of now it still says refused I spoke to my post office and they told me it should be sent back by end of the week (that was fri) and tracking still hasn't updated.

rainrowan said:
Oh thanks for pointing that out poopsie... if PP balance was from sale and not bank/credit card than it's not possible for chargeback. :sad:

Ye it was credit from sale =\ I think $150 of it was from my chase bank accnt

Since you do live in the same state & if your seller is not going to give you

the refund & you know she is in receipt of the shoes , you just may have to

file in small claims court..

Why not wait a couple of days just to see when the package arrived back

to your seller, write her again & then if you get no response, you will have

to make a decision as to what your next step will be..

It may be too late to contact your bank as the funds have probably been removed,

but you can try... you need proof that those shoes were returned & received

by the seller..

Yes I have the tracking as of now it still says refused I spoke to my post office and they told me it should be sent back by end of the week (that was fri) and tracking still hasn't updated.

If the package is still at your post office why don't you go and get the shoes. They may fit. At this point you lost the dispute and are at the whim of the seller to refund when she receives them. Also, call paypal or ebay (where you opened the claim) to check and double check the seller is required to refund once she receives the shoes.

soleilbrun said:
If the package is still at your post office why don't you go and get the shoes. They may fit. At this point you lost the dispute and are at the whim of the seller to refund when she receives them. Also, call paypal or ebay (where you opened the claim) to check and double check the seller is required to refund once she receives the shoes.

My post office said it is too late to intercept now.

unfortunately, you will have to be patient & follow the tracking to see when it gets

returned to the seller...

I agree with this. Ebay did give you poor advice suggesting you file a SNAD. Don't do anything more until the tracking shows it returned to the seller. Ebay does tend to base its rulings on the tracking data so once you can prove it has been returned to the seller, it is worth another shot. Good luck.

the dispute was over louboutin sizing i know it varies from style to style so i made sure to check check check & double check with seller before clicking purchase , we compared us sizes and louboutin sizes and she assured me it will fit (in the meantime i also posted on purse forum) ... after i already paid it turned out that they would fit a sz too small (which is a significant difference from the perfect fit she described) i let the seller know what purseforum ladies were saying and first she told me basically along the lines of "oh well then resell them i dont have a return policy" .. i told her that the only reason i purchased them was relying on her statements of fit then she told me i was "poor" student who cant afford her expensive shoes.

Talk to the seller but the seller can't guarantee 100% that the shoes will fit. The only way to find out is to try the shoe on. The advice given on TPF is only an estimate and will vary.

There is another option. Since your seller doesn't offer a return policy and therefore no refund she may ask you to pay for shipping again in which case you can sell the shoes and recoup if not all at least part of your funds. Or she may simply send the shoes back to you again.

Talk to the seller but the seller can't guarantee 100% that the shoes will fit. The only way to find out is to try the shoe on. The advice given on TPF is only an estimate and will vary.
Yeah OP I have to agree that you should have at least tried on the shoes! You really don't know if they would have fit and it could have possibly saved you a headache. Now that it's gotten nasty you really have to hope the seller just rejects the package so it goes back to you and you can re-sell them. And never break-up payments when you buy on ebay because you aren't eligible for the PayPal buyer's protection.

the dispute was over louboutin sizing i know it varies from style to style so i made sure to check check check & double check with seller before clicking purchase , we compared us sizes and louboutin sizes and she assured me it will fit (in the meantime i also posted on purse forum) ... after i already paid it turned out that they would fit a sz too small (which is a significant difference from the perfect fit she described) i let the seller know what purseforum ladies were saying and first she told me basically along the lines of "oh well then resell them i dont have a return policy" .. i told her that the only reason i purchased them was relying on her statements of fit then she told me i was "poor" student who cant afford her expensive shoes.

But personally I don't think s/he "scammed" you. You paid and they sent the shoes to you after working with you to make sure they would fit, the discrepancy about the sizing isn't really the seller's fault. The rude comments s/he made were uncalled for though.

And never break-up payments when you buy on ebay because you aren't eligible for the PayPal buyer's protection.

The ineligibility is when a buyer makes more than one Paypal payment, e.g, payments by instalment.

If one payment is made but multiple funding sources are used, e.g. Paypal balance and bank account, it is considered one Paypal payment and buyer protection still applies.

Unless I read incorrectly, it appeared that the OP made one Paypal payment using more than one funding source.

I do agree that both parties could probably have handled this better but the OP does not deserve to be out the money and the shoes.

The ineligibility is when a buyer makes more than one Paypal payment, e.g, payments by instalment.

If one payment is made but multiple funding sources are used, e.g. Paypal balance and bank account, it is considered one Paypal payment and buyer protection still applies.

Unless I read incorrectly, it appeared that the OP made one Paypal payment using more than one funding source.

I do agree that both parties could probably have handled this better but the OP does not deserve to be out the money and the shoes.

That's what I was told by paypal as well & buyer/seller protection

still applies..

ANd yes, OP should not be out the shoes & her money... but let's

wait & see if the seller accepts the shoes or refuses them...