Ultimate Amazing Collonil Pics!!!!!!!

Hi Cat, congrats on your bronze Bays! WOW, what a bag!

I checked Mulberry's website for care advice on that type of leather and it does say to use Collonil. Get spraying so you can use your beautiful bag!

Hi Cat, congrats on your bronze Bays! WOW, what a bag!

I checked Mulberry's website for care advice on that type of leather and it does say to use Collonil. Get spraying so you can use your beautiful bag!

klp,Thanks for the information,I should of thought to use the product search on the Mulberry website,my bad.I better get spraying :biggrin:!

Was amazed by your pic's - As a newbie, my brand new East West Maggie in black goat and DH's smooth brown Brynmore, have just been given the Collonil treatment, ready for their 1st outing.

The Maggie looks the same after treatment and smells of leather not chemicals, DH's Brynmore, looks a slightly richer shade of brown, he did 3 light coats of Collonil, and buffing on both.

This used up 1 200ml tin.

xxxx

Last edited:
Hey guys, doing a search for Collonil I found this thread. I just got a RN Soft Calf Metallic Bays, and on the Mulberry website for care for the bag it says to treat it with Collonil Waterstop. However I'm abit hesitant to do this as I've always been taught that metallic leathers shouldn't be treated as the spray might interfere with the metallic coating? So I was wondering has anyone had any experience with this?

Also, I realize while browsing the Collonil website that they have a metallic spray for metallic finish leather! I happen to have a Coach metallic bag that I left untreated due to the reason above, am thinking of attempting to give that a go. Has anyone had experience with metallic leathers and Collonil in either form?

Thanks!

I am reviving this very old thread just because it absolutely fascinates me visually seeing the power of collonil on oak leather as we have had a day with horrid rain, I thought maybe all the newer members might like to have a look too!

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was wondering whether anybody has used Collonil Organic on either nappa, buffalo or pebbled leather. I contacted Mulberry to get some advice on this new product but they told me they were currently testing it and had no results yet. I have tried it on two pairs of boots (not Mulberry, but still good quality leather) and it all seems ok, although the boots haven't been exposed to water yet, but I have not applied it to any of my Mulberry bags. It'd be great to be able to switch to this new product as it definitely contains fewer nasties than the ordinary Collonil.

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was wondering whether anybody has used Collonil Organic on either nappa, buffalo or pebbled leather. I contacted Mulberry to get some advice on this new product but they told me they were currently testing it and had no results yet. I have tried it on two pairs of boots (not Mulberry, but still good quality leather) and it all seems ok, although the boots haven't been exposed to water yet, but I have not applied it to any of my Mulberry bags. It'd be great to be able to switch to this new product as it definitely contains fewer nasties than the ordinary Collonil.

I have not tried it yet but I am sure it would be great to use on bags as well, maybe just wait to hear it's given the ok by mulberry if you are thinking of using on an oak finish just to be sure it would not darken the shade down.

Oh great to see this thread! Just this evening I plucked up enough courage to apply collonil on my brand new oak roxanne, I was so worried about messing it up and ruining my gorgeous Xmas present before Xmas even arrives!

Wondering how many applications are recommended before use?

Hi all

I've finally braved it and used Collonil Organic on my oak Alexa. Everything's absolutely fine! This is great news for me as, I must say, I wasn't keen on the original Collonil at all (great results but nasty fumes!).

This might sound ridiculous, but how do you know which kind of leather your Mulberry is?! I've just bought an oversized Alexa, it's cream and I am a bit scared of spraying it because it's such a light colour... And I'm at a boss as to what to rub any grubbiness off with as well, with it being cream it marks up fairly easily but so far so good....