Boston

Downtown Crossing one has the most variety and best discounts. There is also a brand new one on Newbury Street worth checking out- they might be a little higher end in their merchandise. Nonetheless, both carry designer items such as bags, accessories, and clothing.

Go to Toro for dinner. Spanish restaurant in the South End. It's currently my favorite restaurant.

Upstairs on the Square in Harvard Square has amazing weekend brunch.

Sorry it's been awhile but I just wanted to thank everyone for all the suggestions. I did it all - Prudential, Copley, Newbury, Fanueil Hall, etc. I had a blast shopping there (tax free clothing and shoes!!) and visiting all the historic sites. Definitely had a great time thanks to your fabulous suggestions!

Hi Twiggers, this was my reply to the other Boston thread so I'm just gonna copy/ paste for ya:

Ppl have already given you all the great details.

Yes, Newberry St. Coply/Prudential is the fashion center. and Downtown crossing where Filene's Basement is also very cool to spend time at.

If you like Seafood, Boston is the right place for you.
Oh boy so many good places to eat in Boston@@
If I can spend 3 days in Boston this is what I'd do:

Day 1 (Fri)
I'd head out to Newberry St. Get Bikini wax at Bella Sante Spa with Robbin (They use the purple lavender hard wax that doesn't irritate skin like strip waxes... I have yet to find better waxing service)

Get hair cut at Vidal Sasson by Angela. Walk down Newberry while shopping and eat at Stephanies on Newberry St. for lunch. They have the best Lobster Potpie ever and the Oversized Stefie Burger is truly memorable.... Drink their unsweetened flavored ice teas.

Stop by at Teuscher chocolate shop and pick up small box of Champagne truffles.

Walk over to Coply/prudential mall and shop...etc..

Dinner at the Atlantic Seafood Co. on Boylston. I highly recommend this place for it's a true local establishment and not a chain. Sip their half bottle Chablis with an order of Fried oysters appetizer (you get like 4 pieces) and their Wild Alaskan sokeye Salmon..

Or Abe & Louis Steak House.. great steak, very intimate atmosphere (couple doors down from Atlantic Fish Co. They are brother sister restaurant...)

Or head over to Tapeo for the best Spanish Tappas restaurant. Order Squid stuffed in its ink, shrimp with Mojo sauce, Carlic Shrimp, and some other stuff with a pitcher of Sangria.

Then head over back to the Prudential Center and go to the Top of the Hub for dessert. Their Cookie Tray baked upon order will melt in your mouth. Listen to Live Jazz music, request Fly me to the Moon and see some couples dancing.

Day 2 (Sat)
wake up around 10am, head over to China Town and have dimsum at china pearl around 12pm. Over load on Lobster Shumai. Head over out to Downtown crossing, Walk around dark alleys with eclectic shops and explore Filene's Basement.

After long day of shopping, come back to hotel, change, and cab over to the North End, Hanover St. Have dinner at Mamma Maria's (The reservation would have been made long ago) They have the best authentic exquisite Italian food in Boston.

After dinner walk over to Mike's pastry shop for best canoli and traditional Italian pastry's to take back to hotel.

Day 3.

Wake up late, take the T (Boston Metro C line) to Ginza Japanese Restaurant on Brookline Ave. for their lunch special (order Katsu don, make DH order Bento, share Nabeyaki Udon.)

Although Oishii has BEST sushi, it's way far out in Chestnut hill and expensive cab ride if you don't have a car. Blue Ginger is also magnificant but you'll have to venture out to Wellesly..

Or Forego the Japanese just:
Head over to Harvard square, have lunch at Darwins or Arrow St. Crepes walk around and DASH to L.A. Burdick for the one of a kind "ice chocolate drink" or hot cocoa (i'll get dark chocolate DH Milk chocolate)

Around 4pm, Take the T out to Faneuil Hall and explore the small shops and do touristy stuff. walk around, explore little cart vendors and small shops.

Walk over to Sel De La Terre on State St. for some great and reasonably priced french/seafood.

Hang out in the area if want to go to a bar/dancing..etc..

Oh boy this is what I can think of off the top of my head.. the best memorable places from my years there....

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me..

Downtown Crossing one has the most variety and best discounts. There is also a brand new one on Newbury Street worth checking out- they might be a little higher end in their merchandise. Nonetheless, both carry designer items such as bags, accessories, and clothing.

The one on Newbury street is definitly not as good as the main one in Downtown Crossing. I go to both pretty regularly, and the Downtown Crossing one has tons of high end bags and shoes that just aren't found in the Newbury one. I saw Christian Louboutin pumps for $99 and a Chloe paddington satchel for $1100 this past weekend at the Downtown Crossing store.

Hi All, My boyfriend is graduating from Boston College this weekend, and we need some last minute suggestions for great restaurants in Boston. He is looking for a steakhouse type thing... we always used to go to Ken's Steakhouse (the people that made Ken's salad dressing, lol) but we're kind of sick of that place... anywhere that is LIKE a nice steak house or his other option would be Italian. Thanks in Advance! Kiss :heart:

-Ruth Chris's
-The Capital Grille
-Fleming's
-Bonfire

Those are the steakhouses around Boston I can think of off the top of my head... def. check out the phantom gourmet site, and also yelp & citysearch for reviews :smile: