LV Murakami Cherry Blossom Retro...

floatsmyboat

Mar 26, 2007
Hi all,

I own a Louis Vuitton Muarakami Cherry Blossom Retro and remain undecided whether to sell it or not. :wondering

Maybe your opinions can help me! :idea: Here's what I've come up with so far:

For:
* I've only used it twice since its purchase
* I don't like the studs detailing
* The lock serves no function

Against:
* It's limited edition
* It's cute as
* I might regret letting it go later on

If I were to sell it, I would probably sell it on ebay, is this a good idea? I want to recoup at least the RRP (in Australia) around AUD $1800.

What do you think?

I personally like the bag, so I'd keep it, BUT, I am in the same situation as you, I have a bag that I rarely use, but it's really nice and it's discontinued, however, I rarely use it, so I'm selling it to buy a bag that I WILL use!

If you don't use it, you should sell it--I'm not objective, though, I live in NYC where I have NO extra space so things that are not used regularly are NOT ALLOWED in my house. One thing to keep in mind: You will probably not get much money for it even though it is LE and authentic because you don't have all the accreditations buyers are looking for. There are even MPRSs who are selling fakes, so I think it will be tough to convince a buyer you have the real deal. You might want to check around and see if any consignment shops in Sydney deal regularly with high-end goods online; if you have a shop's reputation to rely on you might net more money (even after paying the consignment commission) than you could on your own.

If you don't use it, you should sell it and get something newer, as I believe that if you have not used a LV in 8 months, its unlikely you'll use it again. On the other hand, you might not get as much as the RRP as alot of people are selling theirs for about 50% or less of the price as I have seen it in a few secondhand stores in Asia. You can try on ebay but if it don't sell, your wasting money on seller's fee. The best way is to ask around people or friends that you are looking to sell it... Or have it consignment at a secondhand store, there is one in Sydney.

I have the exact same bag and once I tried to sell it. BUT you can't really get your money back by selling it, and I wasn't willing to let it go for $600. I don't use it that often, but this bag makes me smile whenever I look at it.