Louis Vuitton or Chanel for birthday??

DId you decide what to get?

I think I'm gonna go with pst. I know now that it just looks small but the inside actually fits a lot. I don't even want the lv wallet anymore as i just got a nice Fendi wallet from belle & clive (sale price too :graucho:). Somehow now I want the pst a lot more than the gst cause gst is an open bag, no top zipper nor magnetic closure, so I would have to be alert all the time making sure no hand inside my purse :roflmfao:... Will post pics after I get the bag ;)

Definitely get the Chanel PST -- Lol, I'm biased because I'm a Chanel girl over Louis Vuitton, but I can justify that in reasons that won't make me biased :smile:

Okay, for one, it is a Chanel bag. It's something that goes higher in value over time, so get it when it's still "affordable" next, it isn't really as small as you think it is! It may seem "small" only because you're comparing it to the GST, but it's good enough to fit in a lot of things and it is versatile enough to make it work for an evening affair. Lastly, it is an extremely beautiful and elegant bag. I like the brand Louis Vuitton but Chanel is a whole different level -- it's vintage-looking and sort of girly. The quality's just as fantastic as Louis Vuitton's :smile: HTH!

PST it is then :biggrin:

I have a GST and almost never use it. Maybe go for the LV since you get two items. I am a Chanel girl at heart but I don't know, something about the shopping totes, I am not feeling anymore.

Thank you ladysarah... When I first saw it at the store, it looked too small. But a lot of members including you are saying that it fits a lot. So pst it is :graucho: Will definitely post pics :biggrin:

I think I'm gonna go with pst. I know now that it just looks small but the inside actually fits a lot. I don't even want the lv wallet anymore as i just got a nice Fendi wallet from belle & clive (sale price too :graucho:). Somehow now I want the pst a lot more than the gst cause gst is an open bag, no top zipper nor magnetic closure, so I would have to be alert all the time making sure no hand inside my purse :roflmfao:... Will post pics after I get the bag ;)

Exciting birthday dilemma. :graucho: Try putting all your stuff in the bag and see what you think of size. Most say you will like the size. But be sure it suits you! Then happy birthday to you! :cool:

Your choice would depend on what you actually want to do with the bag..If you want to carry a lot of stuff around then it should be something big enough..else if it is just for show, then get something smaller and more fashionable like a clutch or something..n happy birthday to you:P

If you really want the GST and you are actually saving for it then I would just say wait and keep saving. Both options seem like "cheaper compromises" that will just throw you back in your saving proceedings, ykwim
happy birthday :smile:

Edit: sorry, I am too late. just saw that you made your decision already! Congrats!

Girrllllssss :hugs: Thank you so very much for all your help,support, kind words and birthday wishes. I am supeeerr happy right now. Finally got my 1st Chanel bag for my birthday. Went to Neiman Marcus with my husband to buy Chanel PST. My husband said " Noooo, it's too small. Get the big one". I got some cash from a family member for my birthday and voilaaaa, suddenly I could afford the GST because of it :yahoo: I'm so glad I got the GST, the size is perfect!! The PST wouldn't have fit all my stuff (i'm the kind a girl that bring lots of things in her purse). Somehow the open top doesn't bother me at all, I just put my wallet in the zipper comparment. Here are the pics, girls, hope you enjoy them :kiss:

Attachments

• IMG-20120723-00696.jpg
    IMG-20120723-00696.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG-20120723-00697.jpg
    IMG-20120723-00697.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG-20120723-00698 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-20120723-00698 - Copy.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG-20120723-00700_1 (2).jpg
    IMG-20120723-00700_1 (2).jpg