Disappointed in Coach Order

I ordered two items with my PCE last week.

One arrived from JAX and I'm happy with it. I live 2 hours from JAX, and received the item the day after it was shipped. It arrived in good condition.

The other arrived today and I'm very disappointed. It's a gathered leather wallet in parchment. The wallet itself is beautiful. However, one of the gathers appears to me to be a defect- it's raised higher than the others and now that I've noticed it, I can't stop "seeing" that it's there. For paying close to $200 for a wallet (after 25% PCE discount), I'm extremely disappointed. One of the reasons I ordered from JAX rather than going to a FP store was that I wanted one that had not been handled by multiple people in a store. Even though there were/are multiple locations in Florida that have the parchment gathered leather wallet in stock, it was shipped from a mall in New Jersey.

I'm beyond disappointed with the wallet and the fact that it came from a mall store, where it was likely handled by many people. I have no way of knowing whether the gather that appears to be a defect is a result of being handled. I can't help but feel like the store staff knew that the item was being shipped out and so they selected the one in the worst shape that was least likely to sell in-store for the shipment.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it worth my calling Coach customer service? Would they be likely to do anything about the situation?

Last edited:
This is what scares me about the gathered items. With the luck I have it'd come completely unfurled on me. I do hope you go ahead and exchange for one that is to your liking!!! Good choice in wallet!

Oh yeah, take it back. I had to do that with an Abigail last year that had nothing around it in the shipping box but a dust bag and looked as if someone had folded it and jumped on it. Funny enough, IT came from NJ too!

One arrived from JAX and I'm happy with it. I live 2 hours from JAX, and received the item the day after it was shipped. It arrived in good condition.

The other arrived today and I'm very disappointed. It's a gathered leather wallet in parchment. The wallet itself is beautiful. However, one of the gathers appears to me to be a defect- it's raised higher than the others and now that I've noticed it, I can't stop "seeing" that it's there. For paying close to $200 for a wallet (after 25% PCE discount), I'm extremely disappointed. One of the reasons I ordered from JAX rather than going to a FP store was that I wanted one that had not been handled by multiple people in a store. Even though there were/are multiple locations in Florida that have the parchment gathered leather wallet in stock, it was shipped from a mall in New Jersey.

I'm beyond disappointed with the wallet and the fact that it came from a mall store, where it was likely handled by many people. I have no way of knowing whether the gather that appears to be a defect is a result of being handled. I can't help but feel like the store staff knew that the item was being shipped out and so they selected the one in the worst shape that was least likely to sell in-store for the shipment.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it worth my calling Coach customer service? Would they be likely to do anything about the situation?
OMG! This just happened to me. I ordered the Fuchsia skinny wallet (which I did not like) along with the Aegean Sophia (which is also going back, because of scratch on the long strap). Anyway, they shipped the sophia in the allotted timeframe, and nothing about my wallet. I had to contact them to find out where my wallet went. They told me it shipped from a coach boutique. But of course, they didn’t send this information or let me know my wallet would be a week late. I had to seek out. I was frustrated about that.

To make it worse, they send it with a store receipt, not an online packing invoice. I live about 30 mins from a Coach store. I have to go out of my way to go there, so sometimes I just prefer to mail the item back, especially a light item. At least, I like to have the option available. But no, no online order invoice. Ugh.

Really sorry your wallet ended up being defective.

I had part of my order shipped from a store. They sent the wrong items with no receipt or packing slip. One was a pair of shoes with 2 different sizes in the same box. I called JAX and they sent me a return label. The store sent the correct items and gave me a Starbucks card for my trouble. What really bothered me was that there was no receipt even on the reshipped order, so I don't know if I would have been able to return them.

The people in the boutiques are not trained properly.

I hope you get your wallet replaced. I love my gathered wallet!

I had part of my order shipped from a store. They sent the wrong items with no receipt or packing slip. One was a pair of shoes with 2 different sizes in the same box. I called JAX and they sent me a return label. The store sent the correct items and gave me a Starbucks card for my trouble. What really bothered me was that there was no receipt even on the reshipped order, so I don't know if I would have been able to return them.

The people in the boutiques are not trained properly.

I hope you get your wallet replaced. I love my gathered wallet!
Oh, no! Now that you mention the lack of receipt or packing slip, I realized that there was nothing along those lines in the box with my wallet! I suppose I'll need to call JAX. I had been thinking that it would save me time to order directly from Coach and have the items shipped to my house, but I'm seeing that is far from the case!

Oh, no! Now that you mention the lack of receipt or packing slip, I realized that there was nothing along those lines in the box with my wallet! I suppose I'll need to call JAX. I had been thinking that it would save me time to order directly from Coach and have the items shipped to my house, but I'm seeing that is far from the case!

Maybe they included both items on the packing slip for the first package and just shipped them separately? I don't know if they do that, though. Just a thought. :P

Why dont u just wait until they hit the outlets next week and get a PA and a new wallet!!!!!