How Do You Know When Your Collection Is Complete?

Beautiful! I love VCA, but it's so $$. The watch that I fell in love with was $20K-ish. Again, I was like "but where are the diamonds?" (just gold with a croc band). Needless to say, it only came home with me on paper because the sweet SA felt sorry enough for me to give me a catalog :smile:.

I wish it was less, but I love the designs and the quality is amazing! The pieces also hold value pretty well, especially with all of the price increases, like Chanel.

Not for me. I haven't even start it. Btw, you have all the bags I wanted.;)

Thanks! Have fun building your collection! It is an adventure! I have sold and exchanged a number of bags over the years to get to my current collection. It can take time and trial and error to figure out what works best for your life and personal style.

I am in the exact same place as you! I was just telling Wen ( Yodaling) that I am running out of colors to buy in Chanel! Even though a new season color may be pretty, it is not different enough from my current collection to make my heart jump. I found my hg grey reissue and my hg red jumbo so now i find myself not getting so excited with the new colors. At this point a color has to be truly stunning (maybe a royal blue with ghw?...i love and use my blues alot) or something equally stunning in a taupe/beige neutral family for me to fork out 5k for another chanel.
I am excited for cruise'13, fall hasn't made me fall in love with anything.

So yes, you know your collection is complete when you can sit back and turn down pretty colors because you have something similar or better in your closet :smile:

Like yourself, I have been collecting Chanel for many years and just in the last year I have come to the conclusion that my collection is pretty much complete. I have enough jumbos and reissues to last me forever and half of my bags have tags still attached.:shame: I still love the WOC's and shoes and will buy those on occasion, but I'm pretty much done. Plus, I feel the quality doesn't live up to the price. I can't wrap my head around these prices, especially knowing what we paid just a couple of years ago.

My kids are getting older and I just can't fork out that kind of money for a bag anymore. I have one driving age and that money is more important being spent elsewhere. If I sold a couple of Chanel bags, I could buy my daughter a used car!:lol:

You have a gorgeous collection, btw!:love: Love your VCA ring, absolutely gorgeous!

Last edited:
G&Smommy said:
Thanks! You should definitely add some color. If you want more of a neutral, I would go with grey, navy, beige, or a metallic (silver or gold). Good luck! There are so many beautiful options to choose from!

Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking at a neutral color and those were the exact colors I was thinking of.

willeyi said:
I would get a red jumbo. It is a great color that works with a lot. And it is not "light" so it will not show dirt. I know my SA has one red jumbo left... You have probably seen his name posted, James at NM. Red is really pretty and a different change from black or other neutrals. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

I'm afraid I won't be able to pull off such a vibrant color. But I know what you mean by its not 'light', I'd rather get the red than a beige. I'm actually thinking of a M/L but thanks for letting me know!

Wow G&Smommy you have an extensive and covetable collection!!I would like to say that there would be a time when my collection would be complete,but i know as purse lovers we are never truly satisfied:sad:Our collections are never complete lol because we love the thrill of finding and hunting down new bags,slgs etc to add to our ever growing collections:biggrin: it will be interesting to see how other pfers answer this thread though.

G&Smommy - You have an awesome collection! Your collection is diverse yet classic but I totally know how you feel. I am so happy you started this thread. Sometimes I feel I have too many and could downsize but other times I feel something is missing from my collection. I do not know if I am just bored with what I have or will never be satisfied with what I have and always want more. There is something exciting about the brand new fresh leather smell when opening a new box that keeps me wanting more. Right now I am interested in adding another black bag to my collection (I already have 3) and maybe a red. At the same time I have so many I do not use so I do not know if I should be better about using what I have or downsize to keep things simple.

I love your collection Jennifer!!:cloud9: I wouldn't say I'm at that point although I am getting there. It is easier to say no to colors when it costs almost doubled or more from the prices I was accustomed to when I first became interested in Chanel. So I don't know if it is a lack of color choices that I must have this season or the price that is being the driving factor here. Bagwise I still want a tote, and a classic jumbo or reissue 227 in a neutral color, but not both. Other than that, I'm pretty much set for all colors/sizes I "need."
I was waiting for the lilac, dark grey and the blue lamb like we talked about to come out but now that they are out, they were easy "no"s for me.
I can't promise about cruise though. :biggrin:

G&Smommy said:
Thanks! The increases certainly make me weigh my purchase decisions more closely. Congrats on your 225! That is such a classic color combo!

Below are some pics of my VCA pave ring. I have been wearing it every day and find I don't miss the Lucky Charms since I love the ring so much!

Your chanel collection is amazing so is your VCA ring! It's definitely better than the lucky charms since you could wear the ring daily but it's abit boring to wear the same bag every day.

I am in the exact same place as you! I was just telling Wen ( Yodaling) that I am running out of colors to buy in Chanel! Even though a new season color may be pretty, it is not different enough from my current collection to make my heart jump. I found my hg grey reissue and my hg red jumbo so now i find myself not getting so excited with the new colors. At this point a color has to be truly stunning (maybe a royal blue with ghw?...i love and use my blues alot) or something equally stunning in a taupe/beige neutral family for me to fork out 5k for another chanel.
I am excited for cruise'13, fall hasn't made me fall in love with anything.

So yes, you know your collection is complete when you can sit back and turn down pretty colors because you have something similar or better in your closet :smile:

Good to know I am not alone! I agree that it will take a really fabulous and different color to attract my attention (and wallet) at this point! The prices have definitely played a role. If the cost was less, I would not hesitate as much or be as picky.