Eyelash extensions - are they worth it???

Are getting eyelash extensions worth it?

• Yes, totally! Worth every penny!

• Nope, stick to falsies.

• Other - please say why!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Loganz said:
I'm reviving this thread - I just got lash extensions a week ago and for 5 days the lower whites of my eyes were red/blood shot/and irritated. I was told it was from the glue fumes, but it was horrid!
I do love how long they look and have a fill appt next week, but am concerned about continuing to upkeep them after reading this thread.

I wonder if we just think our lashes are shorter because we get used to seeing ourselves with the extensions?

Has anyone continued to wear them, or have any new stories regarding them?

Thought I'd add.......I think you're right, we get used to seeing ourselves with longer lashes and our natural lashes seem to be shorter as a result.....

I looked into it but am worried about the possibility of the Latisse changing my eye color......I have green eyes and apparently Latisse can change your eyes to brown?!?

I looked into it but am worried about the possibility of the Latisse changing my eye color......I have green eyes and apparently Latisse can change your eyes to brown?!?

I think I am going to do it - I will post if I have any adverse effects - I love the long lashes but they are a PITA, they look like caterpillars when they are wet, I can't rub my eyes, I don't sleep on my side, etc etc etc.

Yes please let me know how it goes! My dermatologist prescribes it but like I said I was a little worried about my eyes changing color. She said if your eyes are naturally brown, no worries at all! And I'm sure you need to get it in your eyes for anything to happen......my problem is, I *am* that clumsy to stick it straight in my eye.......

The risk of iris pigmentation darkening is EXTREMELY low.
I had good results with Latisse and I have good results with some OTC products too. My favorite is LiLash.

I know this is old, but did you get any darkness underneath or around the eyes with the LiLash? It's a lot easier AFAIK to get LiLash here versus Latisse, so I'm curious - this is the first time I've heard LiLash mentioned apart from in Youtube videos.

I've had a perfect experience with Latisse. No discoloration, didn't turn my blue eyes to brown.
I also love eyelash extensions, but it's extremely important to get an experienced professional to do them. The first time I had them done, the assistant was using a fan to blow air across my lids and, I suppose, dry the glue faster. The result was drying my eyes so much, and I think, getting the glue fumes in my eyes. They hurt terribly and were awfully red. I found another technician. She did a beautiful job.
They're expensive, but I wake up every morning with great lashes. False lashes take forever to apply, and have you ever had an end lift? Or used the little clusters you apply individually, and go to the ladies room to see there's one sticking out. Or (horrors!) one falls off onto your cheek! I'd rather do extensions any day than risk that kind of embarrassment.

I've been seriously considering getting eyelash extensions, but I heard that if you use cleansing oils then they won't last as long b/c the cleansing oil will dissolve whatever it is that keeps them on your lashes.. is this true??

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1368322591.027938.jpg I'm sorry that you ladies have had such bad experiences. I have been getting extensions for 2 years now, top and bottom lids and I absolutely can't live without them. I hardly wear any make up and don't need it wit the lashes. The only negative is the price of the refill every 3 weeks but they hardly ever look bad.

I think if you find the right skilled person, eyelash extensions are wonderful.

You get used to sleeping on your back, being careful when washing your face...

I had them done for a period of time. I only stopped because of the cost of maintenance. They do look funny close to refill time. I was pacing my appointments out to 6 weeks.