Alexa blister......anything to worry about??

Designpurchaser said:
Just thought I would update this thread....I received an email from Rebecca today and my Alexa is going to be replaced with a new one and sent out to me next week. Slightly concerned that I won't love the new one as much as I did the one I sent to HQ but will have to see....:thinking:

That's good news but it feels like ages ago you sent your Lexie to them! See how you feel when the replacement arrives and if it doesn't feel right, you could possibly ask for a store credit and pick one out yourself?

That's good news but it feels like ages ago you sent your Lexie to them! See how you feel when the replacement arrives and if it doesn't feel right, you could possibly ask for a store credit and pick one out yourself?
Thanks Cookie Cup, it was actually two weeks ago, good advice about the new one. I did mail Rebecca back to say that I particulary didn't want a made in China one (no disrespects to the chinese), as a replacement but she hasn't replied back to me :nogood:

Designpurchaser said:
Thanks Cookie Cup, it was actually two weeks ago, good advice about the new one. I did mail Rebecca back to say that I particulary didn't want a made in China one (no disrespects to the chinese), as a replacement but she hasn't replied back to me :nogood:

Feels like it was longer!! :smile: Do the ones made in China differ in any way? I've hardly checked where my Mulberrys are made. I probably would do if I'd bought them from eBay though.

Feels like it was longer!! :smile: Do the ones made in China differ in any way? I've hardly checked where my Mulberrys are made. I probably would do if I'd bought them from eBay though.
No I don't think there is any difference as far as the actual Mulberry itself. I'm aware that most of their smaller items are made at the factory in China, for instance I wanted the love peace pouch (pink of course) but I was told they are all made in China so I refused to purchase. I feel it's a shame that a primarily British make is now being made in China, I associate China with plastic kids toys!

Thanks armcandy I hope I love the next one too. :biggrin:

No I don't think there is any difference as far as the actual Mulberry itself. I'm aware that most of their smaller items are made at the factory in China, for instance I wanted the love peace pouch (pink of course) but I was told they are all made in China so I refused to purchase. I feel it's a shame that a primarily British make is now being made in China, I associate China with plastic kids toys!

Thanks armcandy I hope I love the next one too. :biggrin:

Hi hun - just noticed this - excellent news!!:woohoo: - and I'm sure you'll love the replacement just as much - if you're anything of a fussy old mare like me(:graucho:!) - you will be glad to be blister-free so to speak - and it's abit like dogs and kittens - each is as adorable as the last, with it's own unique personality!!!!

BUT as Cookie says, if it isn't as appealing for some reason (eg leather too grainy, mismatched or something - and just not as lovely as the first, I would say that you are well within your rights to ask for alternative choice - after all - it's a little like online grocery shopping - you can't personally choose your own apples!!!:graucho:).....and you haven't been in a position to visit a store to select your preference....so fair enough, I'd say......but let's hope it doesn't come to that!:smile:.....

Hi hun - just noticed this - excellent news!!:woohoo: - and I'm sure you'll love the replacement just as much - if you're anything of a fussy old mare like me(:graucho:!) - you will be glad to be blister-free so to speak - and it's abit like dogs and kittens - each is as adorable as the last, with it's own unique personality!!!!

BUT as Cookie says, if it isn't as appealing for some reason (eg leather too grainy, mismatched or something - and just not as lovely as the first, I would say that you are well within your rights to ask for alternative choice - after all - it's a little like online grocery shopping - you can't personally choose your own apples!!!:graucho:).....and you haven't been in a position to visit a store to select your preference....so fair enough, I'd say......but let's hope it doesn't come to that!:smile:.....

If I receive a made in China one I shall be sending it back with a portion of fwied wice :giggles:

(nothing racial intended, this is a joke)

If I receive a made in China one I shall be sending it back with a portion of fwied wice :giggles:

(nothing racial intended, this is a joke)

:roflmfao:

Seriously though, I do know where you're coming from on this!! - quite apart from the obv Political/Ethical implications (which I know we are not at liberty to discuss here!!!;) - why should we be paying for an established brand being manuf/finished in China - esp as that's where all the b***** fakes originate from!!!!:tdown::nogood:

:roflmfao:

Seriously though, I do know where you're coming from on this!! - quite apart from the obv Political/Ethical implications (which I know we are not at liberty to discuss here!!!;) - why should we be paying for an established brand being manuf/finished in China - esp as that's where all the b***** fakes originate from!!!!:tdown::nogood:

Exactly. I know it's all about the dollar which I understand as everyone wants to make a buck, but Mulberry was renowned for being British! I'm going to get of my high horse shortly. :hs:

By the way Ice Age is very good!:biggrin:

Exactly. I know it's all about the dollar which I understand as everyone wants to make a buck, but Mulberry was renowned for being British! I'm going to get of my high horse shortly. :hs:

By the way Ice Age is very good!:biggrin:

hehe!:graucho:....pertinently just read on the finance page of paper that Mulberry is half owned by Christina Ong and some other Chinese billionaires - hummnnn - news to me and rather a strange coincidence re: our discussion on Made in China Mulbs:thinking:

Evening ladies,

I picked up my new Alexa today, would like your opinions please......

004.JPG

005 (4).JPG

007 (3).JPG

IT smells divine, the leather is not wrinkly like my last one (not that I was opposed to that) but I spotted the marks as soon as I took it out of the bag :sad: I feel awwwwwful!!

Evening ladies,

I picked up my new Alexa today, would like your opinions please......

View attachment 1798559

View attachment 1798560

View attachment 1798561

IT smells divine, the leather is not wrinkly like my last one (not that I was opposed to that) but I spotted the marks as soon as I took it out of the bag :sad: I feel awwwwwful!!

Oooh hunny!......just seen this.....:tdown::nogood:.that is very naughty of them - can you tell what sort of marks they are? are they "nicks" in the leather, or are they more like a spot where the colour has come out - but I can see why you must be upset about it - and all the more annoying when the leather is obv better than the last - but then you have new "issues" to deal with........it really doesn't look like their QC dept is particularly on the ball at the mo - and we're sadly hearing more and more stories like this...my first port of call would be a phone call tomorrow to Gillian, Beth or Rebecca (I have number if you need it)......xx