Clutch w/ chain, how is yours?

Milanalim

Jun 17, 2012
Hello purse friends!

I want to get the clutch w/ chain but was wondering how well made it is. I know I will not over stuff it but would like some feedback on how yours is doing. How long have you had yours and any info that would be helpful to finalize my decision in purchasing one. TIA :smile:

I own two clutch with chain. I always stuff my bags with my essentials and everything holds up nicely. I did realize something interesting. My black lamb with silver hardware is lucious and soft like the old Chanel quilted lambskins. This bag has the maroon leather lining and was made in France. My black caviar clutch with silver hardware was made in Italy. It is nice but not nearly as nice as the one made in France. Also this bag came last week from the Chanel boutique and did not have the cloth insert that is usually insde the flap where the turnlock closes. It was flimsy paper!! Is Chanel cutting corners? Also just to elaborate I carry two pairs of glasses, small wallet, small credit card case,small make-up case, keys,and kleenix. The bag's shape holds up nicely. Love this style when I want the classic look without
carrying my jumbo bag. I only use to carry jumbo (I have twenty) and this is my new style. Good luck!

I own two clutch with chain. I always stuff my bags with my essentials and everything holds up nicely. I did realize something interesting. My black lamb with silver hardware is lucious and soft like the old Chanel quilted lambskins. This bag has the maroon leather lining and was made in France. My black caviar clutch with silver hardware was made in Italy. It is nice but not nearly as nice as the one made in France. Also this bag came last week from the Chanel boutique and did not have the cloth insert that is usually insde the flap where the turnlock closes. It was flimsy paper!! Is Chanel cutting corners? Also just to elaborate I carry two pairs of glasses, small wallet, small credit card case,small make-up case, keys,and kleenix. The bag's shape holds up nicely. Love this style when I want the classic look without
carrying my jumbo bag. I only use to carry jumbo (I have twenty) and this is my new style. Good luck!

Frillylily, thanks for the detail on the clutch with chain! Very helpful. I'd been thinking about this I saw someone had gotten a red one. If you could, it'd be nice to see pics of the luscious black lambskin with maroon lining and the caviar and interiors to see. I saw the outside and the width looks thinner than the m/l, wondering how you're able to fit two pairs of glasses, wallet, case, makeup, etc. :smile:

Thanks!

Frillylily, thanks for the detail on the clutch with chain! Very helpful. I'd been thinking about this I saw someone had gotten a red one. If you could, it'd be nice to see pics of the luscious black lambskin with maroon lining and the caviar and interiors to see. I saw the outside and the width looks thinner than the m/l, wondering how you're able to fit two pairs of glasses, wallet, case, makeup, etc. :smile:

Thanks!

Here are the photos of the Chanel black lamb clutch w/ maroon lining. Also, my cellphone is in the handbag. Please note, Chanel small camellia wallet, small valentine cosmetic case and small Chanel lambskin credit card holder fit in the handbag nicely.

Attachments

• Clutch w chain 001.jpg
    Clutch w chain 001.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4,044
  • Clutch w chain 002.jpg
    Clutch w chain 002.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6,131
  • Clutch w chain 003.jpg
    Clutch w chain 003.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3,605
Here are the photos of the Chanel black lamb clutch w/ maroon lining. Also, my cellphone is in the handbag. Please note, Chanel small camellia wallet, small valentine cosmetic case and small Chanel lambskin credit card holder fit in the handbag nicely.

Ooh, thanks for posting the pics Frilly! Your black lamb is so pretty and luscious!

I've had mine for close to a year and it is holding up great. The key is really to not overstuff it. Otherwise, it's a great bag!
Hello purse friends!

I want to get the clutch w/ chain but was wondering how well made it is. I know I will not over stuff it but would like some feedback on how yours is doing. How long have you had yours and any info that would be helpful to finalize my decision in purchasing one. TIA :smile:

Frillylily said:

Thanks Frillylily! Wonder if I can get one made in France. Where and when were you able to get the black lamb? Did they make it for fall? I saw the Caviar w/ GHW. I do want a lambskin! It will be less than a jumbo yet still have that classic look.

Maybe they are cutting costs... Doesn't make sense if they r constantly increasing prices! You would think they would make a better insert!

Thanks again :smile: I want a clutch or two.....

bluekit said:
I've had mine for close to a year and it is holding up great. The key is really to not overstuff it. Otherwise, it's a great bag!

Thanks Bluekit, I figured from the way it looks it can't really take much weight since it looks like the length is not greatly supported by the strap.

Frillylily said:

Thanks for the pictures!

I have a lavendar patent one since April. I only use it for weekend and didn't put much stuff in it. I only put French wallet, key pouch, sunglasses, iphone and lip stick. Two side with chain has lift up the flap leather a bit. (it's hard to describe. I will try to post some picture later.) I don't know does anyone has such problem like I do. It's very beautiful, useful, classy and cheaper compare to regular classic flap. ($2,600 to $4,400 m/l classic flap) I love it a lot. Only one negative I consider is it cannot be carry cross-body.

i cant really give u an input yet as i have'nt really used my red clutch with chain :blush: but i will let u know as soon as i do :tender: i think as long as u wont over stuff it will be ok.:sneaky: i picked this coz i needed color in my collection & a smaller purse that i can wear in dressier events. most of my purses as u can see in my signature is really on d bigger/casual side as im a sahm so it fits my lifestyle ;) also i took d plunged because it has d look of d classic flap but price is a lil' bit reasonable:nuts:( 4 chanel i mean) gl in 'ur decision! :tender: