my dog whines but doesn't bark

aquablueness

Whale Tail!
O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
who else has a dog who does this?
any whiners out there?
most people think its odd when they come over. I've only heard her bark a few times ever and that was only at a toy when she was young.

My current Dal didn't make a sound for several months after we got him. I even took him to the vet thinking that he was mute. Now he is quite vocal-maybe it's just a phase

My new puppy, Charlie, whines when he wants to go out, if he smells something good cooking in kitchen, when he wants to be petted...oy - it never ends. I'm hoping it's a phase too. He's only four months old. Maybe he's got a premonition that he's getting neutered this Friday!;)

who else has a dog who does this?
any whiners out there?
most people think its odd when they come over. I've only heard her bark a few times ever and that was only at a toy when she was young.
What kind of dog is she? I've heard that some breeds don't bark at all. I think Chows are like that.

My Ripley is a beagle/basset, and she whines all the time when she's in the car, and a lot of the time when she is in her crate. She barks occasionally, and when she does it's a really low WOOF.

I think my dog had her vocal cords cut. But I haven't been able to verify. So she sounds like she's been smoking for a few (20) years. She was show doggie and I got her that way. Don't get me started.

I have a chihuahua mix that mostly whines to express herself. I've only heard her bark only 4 or 5 times in the 18 months we have had her. She's 3 1/2 years old, so I think that's just how she is. Personally we love that she's not a barker.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89