Tech iPad Vs. Other Tablets?

Jeannam2008

Fashionably me :)
Jul 10, 2009
I would love to own an iPad, but the price is what gets me.

Is there another tablet out there that is the next best thing?
My main thing is I want access to all the apps that I get on my iPhone, and I'm under the impression you'll only get that with that iPad.

I am the owner of an Amazon Kindle Fire, but am selling it because since I've bought it I've maybe used it a handful of times.

So what is the next best tablet to the iPad? Price wise?

Most apps on the iPhone are available in Android. Do you have a specific set of apps?

Have you looked at the Transformer Prime, the Galaxy Tab 2, or the Galaxy Nexus Tab?

My dentist friend (later found he worked for Jp Morgan doing analyst work) he wears many hats

He took a nook and jailbreak it so he can have apps on it like cut the rope, angry birds, etc

Me, I wanted the big screen, I was holding off but since they have rumors about minimizing the screen and size of the next iPad and I am taking a trip overseas soon I decided to bite the bullet

If you do not need a new tablet right away it might be worth waiting to see if the rumors are true (they usually are) and maybe the smaller iPad that is comparable in size to the tablets mentioned would also have a much better price attached

I don't regret getting this over tablet and I have had a chance to play with my friends galaxy as well as look at kindle fire and nook (because I love reading) before settling for the iPad

I used to have an android phone and I hated it! I have an iPhone now and I can't live without, I would like to get an iPad (not the newest one though) it's just the price that holds me back.

As you do not want the newest iPad why not just bit the bullet and get the iPad 2 now that it is cheaper. I know the price is still high but you will enjoy it especially if you have an iPhone.

Also depends if you need 3G, I don't think all android tablets offer 3G but most Samsung and Motorola do. I think you should get an iPad because you already said you want one but is only the price that stops you. Most android tablets are priced similar to the iPad anyway. Good luck.

Have you looked at the Nexus 7? It's Android based and more comparable to the Kindle Fire than the iPad but it might be worth a look.

Also, since it's a Google Tab, you don't have to deal with all the crap that Verizon (I think that's what you had before) and Moto puts on it. Everyone I know with a Nexus 1, Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus has been very satisfied that they have a "clean" phone from the get go. Plus, it's only $200 bucks.

I looked a long time before I bought my iPad. At one point, I actually considered the Galaxy Tab. However, I ended up getting an iPad 3 and am extremely happy with my decision. I had a iPod touch, so I was familiar with the set-up. There are so many apps and things to do on this device, it's amazing.

It sounds like you really want an iPad. If money is an issue, wait awhile until you can save the extra cash. However, like another poster said, there really isn't that much difference in the price of tablets. At least it wasn't when I was shopping for one.

My fiance is buying my kindle fire off of me to give to his mom, because she's wanted one. She will actually get a lot of use out of it because she does a lot of reading, and he said he'd help me pay for my iPad if I really wanted it. So it looks like I'll be going with the iPad 2 here soon.

He has a Galaxy SII for the phone and loves it, and is considering getting the Galaxy tab to use for work.