Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hermes Medor watch was sold for $80. I honestly almost died! One of the employees bought it! Man...I still think about that! It is my dream watch! Anyway...if it was meant to be mine it would have been!

Wow -- $80?! I'm sorry you missed it, but I'm sure you'll come across another one some day!

I have mixed feelings about employees being able to have first dibs on the merchandise that comes in. On one hand, I think it's a great perk and part of what makes the job fun. On the other hand, I don't think it's fair that employees get to immediately scoop up the best stuff for themselves. I think they should put all merchandise on the floor and allow employees to purchase after 1-2 days.

Here in the ATL area, Goodwill employees (and their families) are not allowed to shop at the stores they work in. I think that policy is kind of extreme, but I do understand why they do that. I'm sure some employees have found ways around that rule.

Wow -- $80?! I'm sorry you missed it, but I'm sure you'll come across another one some day!

I have mixed feelings about employees being able to have first dibs on the merchandise that comes in. On one hand, I think it's a great perk and part of what makes the job fun. On the other hand, I don't think it's fair that employees get to immediately scoop up the best stuff for themselves. I think they should put all merchandise on the floor and allow employees to purchase after 1-2 days.

Here in the ATL area, Goodwill employees (and their families) are not allowed to shop at the stores they work in. I think that policy is kind of extreme, but I do understand why they do that. I'm sure some employees have found ways around that rule.

I only mind when it means that I cant get something that I want!!! It does stink when the goodies get snatched up....but if I worked at Buffalo Exchange I would definitely want that perk!!

I always try to pay right away, can you send her an invoice? Is she a newbie? eBay generally sends an email when you win an item, to pay now, but you can send her another invoice as well.
She was a newbie and I sent an invoice. She paid this morning! Thanks everyone for your suggestions; the invoice worked.

Ladies what do you do when someone bids, but does not pay? I think she expected me to send the item, without being paid. She won the bid July 9 and I haven't heard a peep.
Do you have something in your auction stating you expect payment within X amount of days? I would not be worrying too much after 3 or 4 days.
If I don't hear from someone after 2 days , I send them an invoice (even though eBay already did that). After 5 days I send them a (nice) reminder email. After a week, I might try one more time with another email. THEN you contact ebay and do a non-paying bidder claim. You used to be able to get the buyers phone number from ebay and give them a call, not sure if you can do that anymore. OOPS guess I was a bit late with this answer, but for future reference......

Last edited:
annemerrick said:
I only mind when it means that I cant get something that I want!!! It does stink when the goodies get snatched up....but if I worked at Buffalo Exchange I would definitely want that perk!!

I worked at Buffalo Exchange about six years ago, and a manager explained it as our reward for having to dig through people's underwear sometimes! I know I bought amazing stuff when I was there!

I have to be honest. I volunteer in a charity shop we are allowed to buy items but they have to of been on the shop floor for 24 hrs before we can buy it we are not allowed to take things before they go on the shop floor. We don't get discounts. And 99% of the great items we get in get bought by the public and not staff members. I have only ever bought one item from the shop, but it is quite expensive I much prefer hunting further afield where the prices are much lower and I find much better items.

I have to be honest. I volunteer in a charity shop we are allowed to buy items but they have to of been on the shop floor for 24 hrs before we can buy it we are not allowed to take things before they go on the shop floor. We don't get discounts. And 99% of the great items we get in get bought by the public and not staff members. I have only ever bought one item from the shop, but it is quite expensive I much prefer hunting further afield where the prices are much lower and I find much better items.

Last Sunday I asked to the ladies @ the charity booth if I could volunteer - they said they really need help at sorting the clothes that they are going to sell. :graucho::graucho::graucho: While I would love to do it and the ladies look very nice...it's a religious charity org and the lady already invited me to attend the church and you can't find a atheist as passionate as I am. LOL Also, my local charity shop is runned by a religious org.

Status
Not open for further replies.