Tale of a SAD REVEAL

I'm soo sorry! After spending all that money and waiting in anticipation it is a disappointment for sure. But I'm sure your SA will take the return and find you a brand spanking perfect new one. Have her inspect it before she ships. And stay positive. Don't let this misstep ruin your excitement and anticipation of your beautiful BRAND NEW & PERFECT Chanel.

So sorry!!! The back pocket being unaligned is the worst out of all the flaws. I cannot handle that kind of stuff, things being uneven, crooked etc. Bugs me SOOOOOO MUCH! I'm glad you are getting a new one :smile:

Gracious I just realised what you mean the stitching at the back does no follow the pattern closely, that is bad and really a big fault, send it back !!! It's really what makes Chanel what it is.
Good luck (sorry I'm not a native English speaker).

After I read your thread, I have to double or triple check my new red maxi and lavender jumbo and make sure no flaws or dents.
Did you purchase it in a chanel store? or stores like SAKS or Bloomingdales.
No offense to Bloomingdales, I didnt like the way they treat the bags in Bloomingdales.
Last time I was looking at the business tote and try to carry it. I left it in the counter and the SA didnt put it inside the glass shelves. They lightly throw it in there.
This situation is not my first time witnessing it and I saw it more than twice.

Hi Jaffe, I'm sorry to hear of the imperfections on your flap. I exchanged my medium red just a few days ago for a more pristine one because the flap wrinkled quite a bit when opened. Having said that, I heard it is not uncommon for a bit of wrinkling/creasing.. My new one is perfect, stitchings align and all that stuff..I am extremely
happy with my medium. As I see some imperfect flaps out there, I also know that there are a lot of perfect ones out there as well. I'm sure a perfect one will make it into your hands soon!

That is totally unacceptable, honestly if i saw someone carrying a flap with the stitching so obviously misaligned i would think its fake or defected. it really doesn't make sense to let quality slip like that with the prices they are charging. Hope you get a perfect piece soon!

At this point, I didn't even open the CC clasp and look inside. I simply turn the bag around to check the back side. Sure enough, I found:

Issue 3: White thread in with the red thread on the top left of the back right below the chain strap. It is noticeable in this pic, and it STANDS OUT irl as it's white on red.

7560342552_20b589eb93_b.jpg

I'm starting to get angry and sick to my stomach now... :cursing: :mad: :sick:

Then I went to take a pic of the right side, so I can email comparison pics to my SA. The right side, the thread is red as it should be. However....

Issue 4: look at the back pocket and the stitching is awfully mis-aligned. It's not even close!

7560342868_8ef38d03d8_b.jpg

So I have counted FOUR (4!!!!!!) defects in a $4900 supposed-brand-new-from-factory bag. And I have NOT EVEN opened up the bag to look inside. I'm afraid to even do so....afraid there could be a snake that jumps out at me or something akin to that.

Anyway, this is how I feel right now. I should go to bed and try to get some peace. Maybe I'll feel a little better in the morning.

:wtf: :confused1: :storm: :Pullhair: :sick: :throwup: :pout:
Omg I had this exact problem with missalligement of the stitching even more noticeable and much bigger in my red m/l I bought in 2011 just before price increase. Stitching were also coming out. It was bad they took it back and said to send to Paris for repair but month later after the price increased they told me they can't fix this and will refund credit back. I end up having to pay mor because the increase price. Also left without the red flap I been wanting so bad for. U should return asap

To be honest i looked at mine and i must say that the back pocket's stitching is the same as yours, now the stitching on the back is the same colour and the creases the chances are it's been opened and closed a few times in the store by clients and it will ALSO appear when you start using your chanel :sad:

In any case I could understand your frustration and you should get in touch with her to know if you can get a totally brand new, never been handled one.
Especially at THAT price.

Thank for your take on this. I at first thought that was the case too, that this bag was "handled" in store by customers etc., but the SA told me it was BRAND NEW never handled, and hence why *I* did not ask her to check it before shipping to me, even though I heard Swou or someone else advise to do just so in one of their posts.

But that's beside the matter. I expect a little creasing back of the flap when you "open" the flap, but in this case it's on the both sides of the front flap, and the quilting there is deflated due to the creases. And actually, if that had been the end of it, I might have convinced myself to forgive it...

However, the mis-aligned stitching on the back pocket started me on a slippery slope and well, I'm still mad about this. Not at the SA because I think she's great, and she didn't make this bag. Just MAD that I ended up with this.

Omg I had this exact problem with missalligement of the stitching even more noticeable and much bigger in my red m/l I bought in 2011 just before price increase. Stitching were also coming out. It was bad they took it back and said to send to Paris for repair but month later after the price increased they told me they can't fix this and will refund credit back. I end up having to pay mor because the increase price. Also left without the red flap I been wanting so bad for. U should return asap

Wow, that's awful that you had to end up paying MORE for something they did. Grrr.

Yeah, I notified my SA this morning and she said that it will be hard to get another 12A Red. But I will return this Monday and ask her to search for one for me, and definitely this time even if it came directly from Karl Lagerfeld's house I would still want her to inspect it before shipping to me. :graucho:

That is totally unacceptable, honestly if i saw someone carrying a flap with the stitching so obviously misaligned i would think its fake or defected. it really doesn't make sense to let quality slip like that with the prices they are charging. Hope you get a perfect piece soon!

Thanks Rania, my thoughts EXACTLY. The creases I could kinda, sorta understand and MAYBE might have convinced myself to live with. But when I saw the mis-alignment on the back, I was thinking the same!!

That this could have been made in China by one of those counterfeiters!! Perhaps it was and somehow it got into the Saks system.