Black printed Alexa (or: where did the white stitches go?)

vicky

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Inspired by Salikons glorious reveal of her new beautiful oak printed Alexa yesterday, I fell in love with the black version on the Mulberry website. Finally a structured Alexa that holds its shape! I particularly liked the look of the contrasting white stitching that gave it personality and a little edge. I went to the Mulberry shop this morning to try it on irl - but to my surprise the stitching was all black. The SA could not tell if this was a permanent change of the design or just an early batch of bags with the black thread. I still love the bag and bought one anyway - but the mystery with the stitching does bother me a little. The SA promised to check with Mulberry HQ to find out why there seems to be different stitching. I am a little curious: does anyone know if there are different versions, do the bags bought from the website have the white stitching?

Here is my brand new black printed Alexa with black stitching and a stock picture from the Mulberry website with the white stitching to compare it with.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Alexa printed www close.jpg
    Alexa printed www close.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 426
She is gorgeous, congrats - enjoy her!! :smile:

I like her even better with the black stitches; when I looked at the stock pic, the stitches were the only thing I didn't like a 100%..
But now with the black stitches - oooh, even more tempting :love:
Noo, must be good and wait (vacation coming up, don't spend money on bags.. yet..) ;)

Lovely, congrats!

Mulberry sometimes does that: the pics on m.com don't match the actual product. They usually change the pics at some point. I remember a few incidents like this: the beige postman's lock satchel from SS 2012 (had gold hw at first in pics, actually had silver hw), Neely from a few years ago (the strap was the same material and colour as the bag at first in pics, actually the strap was brown leather).

Of course this time it might be different. :smile:

Lovely, congrats!

Mulberry sometimes does that: the pics on m.com don't match the actual product. They usually change the pics at some point. I remember a few incidents like this: the beige postman's lock satchel from SS 2012 (had gold hw at first in pics, actually had silver hw), Neely from a few years ago (the strap was the same material and colour as the bag at first in pics, actually the strap was brown leather).

Of course this time it might be different. :smile:

True, I remember the Neely and the change of strap colour on the website!

She is gorgeous, Vicky! I agree with Bettymuc and prefer the black stitching. How strange though! Be interesting to see what the M lady comes back with.

You lovely Swedish ladies know what you want and go for it, not like us Brits, who take ages dithering and considering lots of options but end up buying the one we fell in love with in the first place! :lolots:

:smile: Thanks for all the lovely comments!

I just got an answer from Mulberry, and as suggested by e_serendipity, they are currently re-photographing the bag because of the stitching. It is black (and beige on the oak printed). No printed Alexas with white stitching will be released.

I'm relieved that there is no choice, actually, the black stitching has grown on me and I would be reluctant to exchange my new Lexie now. :love:

vicky said:
:smile: Thanks for all the lovely comments!

I just got an answer from Mulberry, and as suggested by e_serendipity, they are currently re-photographing the bag because of the stitching. It is black (and beige on the oak printed). No printed Alexas with white stitching will be released.

I'm relieved that there is no choice, actually, the black stitching has grown on me and I would be reluctant to exchange my new Lexie now. :love:

Uhoh, this is baaad - not for Mulberry obviously, but for my bank account ;)
I see another Mulberry purchase coming (eventually, that is...) and a new member in my Mulberry family.. I love the all-black look of this Lexie!
So maybe limited vacation spending, hmm...

Congrats vicky. Lovely to see a black sister. She is beautiful. glad to be able to tempt you :smile:. I also prefer the black stitching on black print, looks much nicer, and more classic and classy.

I am so in love with my new oak Lexie, the structure and shape, that I am going to get a black one as soon as possible, to be able to use when it rains ( am a little nervous to use oak in rain, and my god what it has rained here lately ). Havent bought a bag in several years so I don't even feel guilty about it although DH just shook his head and smiled when I said next salary will go to a black one like this....he knows me well after almost 16 years togehter so he don't protest he knows resistance is meaningsless.

Have tried the oak printed today with my mac Air today and it fits perfect. So the black one will be my new workbag. And black printed bays will go off my whishlist

I am going to have to visit the nearest store to see one.The printed looks perfect in either colour. Glad the stitching matches the bag it just looks better IMO. Must start saving........