Travel Barcelona

Camp Nou football stadium tour. Even if you're not a footy fan, it's a good tour just to see all the silver work.

Casa Mila, Casa Batlo, Sagrada Familia all worth a look.

El Corte Ingles store has about 5 floors of goodies and is wonderfully air conditioned when it's hot outside.

City tour - hop on, hop off bus. Get a two day ticket as there are a few routes that take in the city sights so you can go back and see things in more detail the next day.

Brilliant city so you'll have a great time.

I'm most likely going to barcelona in september. I don't understand why people tell me to not stand out too much. And to bring none luxury items. So now, my husband wants be to bring my coach purse, instead of a WOC. From fashion blogs I visited, girls over there are very stylish and do own expensive bags.

In the touristy areas there is a problem with pickpockets. I think the important thing is bringing a secure purse that you can keep safe-I don't think designer or not is the issue.
Women in Barcelona are stylish, but casual and understated. I find it to be a casual city on the whole.

Secure your belongings however you can, regardless of the purse brand. Barcelona and most towns in Spain have a lot of pickpockets. I always view Europeans as nicely dressed, even when casual, never going out dressed in a sloppy manner, as I see so often where I live in the US.

Just be smart, like anywhere else. Don't wear loose clothing w/ cash/valuables in the pockets and don't carry a big open bag that would be easy to pilfer.

I'm most likely going to barcelona in september. I don't understand why people tell me to not stand out too much. And to bring none luxury items. So now, my husband wants be to bring my coach purse, instead of a WOC. From fashion blogs I visited, girls over there are very stylish and do own expensive bags.

Barcelona has had a pickpocketing problem for quite a while--especially along Las Ramblas--a popular tourist area. Pickpocketing is their livelihood. They are professionals so they are very good at picking out easy marks (which you as a tourist will be). It's very easy to pick people out as tourists--it's not even a matter of being well dressed or carrying expensive items. It's that look of being distracted & uncertain (not to mention cameras, maps, guide books, etc) that make you an easy target in a different city whether it's NYC or Barcelona.

Feel free to bring your WOC or your coach, it doesn't matter really. I've had well dressed friends and backpacking friends robbed there. You're just as likely to be robbed or not robbed as any other tourist being careless with their things. My advice is if you're going to be upset having it stolen, if it's going to be difficult to replace then don't bring it with you.

Can I point out a word of warning, be careful at the bottom of LA Ramblas. I know 2 people who have had their wallets stolen in this very place. On the whole it is very safe though, so fear not!

Just came back from Barcelona. Stayed there a week. Had an amazing time, loved the food and the city. Miss the seafood!! La Rambla is PACKED with people. Human bumper to bumper? :smile: So yes, be careful there. Always wore a small crossbody placed in front of me when walking in crowds, so had no problem.