Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne, your BE interview/photo shoot is great! You look very pretty and your outfit is so cool! You're famous!!

I was heartbroken to hear you missed an Hermes watch by mere seconds! You'll find one someday! Just out of curiosity, how much did it sell for?

I don't have a lot of luck in the thrifts in my area, but I do something my BFF calls " curbside shopping ". Not clothing, but pieces of furniture that can be rehabbed. Sometimes wrought iron pieces that need a good wire brushing and paint job. Furniture that can be painted and brought back to life. I've also found bikes in good shape and a brand new croquet set.

I went thrifting today on my way to a friends place. Didn't buy anything unfortunately...Found a really cool Heys brand (yes the luggage brand) purse for $50 which I guess isn't bad since it retails for around $230 but it wasn't a practical purse for me to carry, plus I only had $5 in cash on me and the store only accepts cash...I didn't check out clothing since the store had no organization what so ever and everything was just thrown around and I didn't have time for that!

I don't have a lot of luck in the thrifts in my area, but I do something my BFF calls " curbside shopping ". Not clothing, but pieces of furniture that can be rehabbed. Sometimes wrought iron pieces that need a good wire brushing and paint job. Furniture that can be painted and brought back to life. I've also found bikes in good shape and a brand new croquet set.

Dumpster Divers of the World, unite!

For some reason, I always find chairs. I found a really pretty set of metal barstools - the upholstery was in bad shape, but the charis were structurally sound. After $0.50 worth of fabric from a garage sale, and $4 worth of spray paint... I had a gorgeous set!
My current project is a pair of wooden folding chairs.

I'd love to find a good bike.

Lol, I've found cool stuff while curbside shopping. My parents have the most gorgeous wall hanging and shelving unit from the curb, lol!

so glad the thread continues :biggrin:
spotted lots of ferragamos (one pair of platform boots and lots of flats)
and i saw the most amazing steamer trunk which had Cunard stickers on it. sadly it wasnt for sale as they were making a window display with it and it wont be for sale until August :crybaby:

HermesNewbie said:
Anne, your BE interview/photo shoot is great! You look very pretty and your outfit is so cool! You're famous!!

I was heartbroken to hear you missed an Hermes watch by mere seconds! You'll find one someday! Just out of curiosity, how much did it sell for?

Yes, I'm curious too! How much was "the one that got away?"

Great article and picture, btw! You're so cute!!

Thank you ladies for the kind words on the BE interview. I was not overly thrilled with the photos....but I am not too photogenic...so they certainly could have been worse!! The Hermes Medor watch was sold for $80. I honestly almost died! One of the employees bought it! Man...I still think about that! It is my dream watch! Anyway...if it was meant to be mine it would have been!

We have graudated to a new thread...methinks that means we are LEGIT! We filled up a whole thread with fabulous secondhand treasures!

Thank you ladies for the kind words on the BE interview. I was not overly thrilled with the photos....but I am not too photogenic...so they certainly could have been worse!! The Hermes Medor watch was sold for $80. I honestly almost died! One of the employees bought it! Man...I still think about that! It is my dream watch! Anyway...if it was meant to be mine it would have been!

We have graudated to a new thread...methinks that means we are LEGIT! We filled up a whole thread with fabulous secondhand treasures!
You are too hard on yourself, you look great! I love your jewelry in the pics.

You are too hard on yourself, you look great! I love your jewelry in the pics.

Thanks for the compliment! I also love the jewelry...the necklace is a large labrodorite (sp?) rock made by a local jewelry designer and the earrings are my absolute favorite EVER! They are large cicadas. They designer is Erica Weiner and I paid $30 for them...but if you look on Etsy for cicada earrings you can find the same ones for @ $12.

Status
Not open for further replies.