How much to spend on a used Coach?

desertgirl

Mar 15, 2007
Hi, Ladies!

I recently discovered these boards, thanks to a fellow Coach lover from another message board, and love seeing all of your purchases. I've learned so much from these stickied threads, including that visiting the outlet (an hour away) would definitely be worth my while, which it was.

My question is this: How much is a reasonable amount to spend on a used Coach on ebay? I found an adorable blue one (thanks to a heads up on the ebay deal thread) that is used and not a current style, but I don't know how much is too much for a used bag. I know that all that matters if you like it or not, but I don't want to be foolish

Any advice?

Thanks!
Desertgirl

it depends on the bag and how used it is. i would assume half of retail is about the most you should pay on a used bag- but it also depends how much you want it, kwim?

I think it also depends on how limited edition, etc the bag is. If it's in great shape, and you love it, and the price is right, buy it! Don't worry too much about what you 'should' pay if you love it and it's a good deal

for example, I had the suede wave gallery tote, paid $428 for it, used it about 10 times but kept it perfect, sold it for $488!

Thanks for the replies. I can understand how the price would be higher for a rare or limited edition purse, but I think this one is just a Plain Jane. I like it though!

Here's the link. I'm not sure I'm even going to bid, as I'm saving money for an upcoming trip to Vegas. But, was just curious what would be the right amount to pay.

Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130092301834&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003
I think the BIN on it is very reasonable, looks like its in great shape, but I'm not a big turquoise girl

Thanks! I thought is looked in nice condition. Like I said, I'm probably just going to save my money for my upcoming trip, but it's good to get an idea of what is reasonable.

LOL about the turquoise. I'm sure it's not too popular of a color anywhere else, but I'm from New Mexico. Turquoise just doesn't go out of style here. It's my favorite color!

Kerry