MINKIE Chat thread... Let's chat!! (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jojon21 said:
LOL. The lady in front of me in line had the biggest hissy fit when the cashier told her Magic Mike was sold out. Me, DH & son saw Ted. It was raunchily hilarious.

Oh yay! I want to see Ted. I'm a huge Family Guy fan - glad to hear it was funny!

For those of you with the tPF iPhone app, have you noticed they've started using brand logos on the SF menus and pages? Kinda cool! I first noticed it on the premier designer menu - the Chanel C's sood out right away, like the Hermes orange H. For ours, they don't have the full name Rebecca Minkoff logo, but are using the RM in the same font.

eehlers said:
For those of you with the tPF iPhone app, have you noticed they've started using brand logos on the SF menus and pages? Kinda cool! I first noticed it on the premier designer menu - the Chanel C's sood out right away, like the Hermes orange H. For ours, they don't have the full name Rebecca Minkoff logo, but are using the RM in the same font.

Yes! Very cool :biggrin:

MoneyPennie said:
Does anyone ever get bummed to see bags you want in store ? I like the instant gratification but I think I am addicted to the "Pre loved" hunt. It's so exciting !

I'd never really thought about it, but you're right! There's something about finding an amazing pre-loved bag that can't be matched by picking one up in the store - especially if it's a rare beauty that doesn't come around too often!

I'm giving myself a challenge. I've put on some extra pounds in the last 6 months or so and have had such a hard time sticking to the habits I know I need to in order to get them off.

Sooo...I'm tempting myself with a reward on the back-end. If I can get off the 30 pounds I'd like to lose, I can buy myself a goodie. What I'd really like is a nice, high-end wallet - something great quality that will last for years. Maybe something like a Ferragamo continental wallet. I'm already motivated for a morning run tomorrow!

Anyone tried a plan like this before to achieve a goal? Did it work?

I'll keep ya posted on my progress!

We have been without power for 3 days now. It's very frustrating & boring. The temps reached 100 degrees the last two days, so we have had to spend time in the basement with the cats to cool them off. It's amazing how much you need power for! We have quite the amount of laundry piling up, etc :-/

I'm giving myself a challenge. I've put on some extra pounds in the last 6 months or so and have had such a hard time sticking to the habits I know I need to in order to get them off.

Sooo...I'm tempting myself with a reward on the back-end. If I can get off the 30 pounds I'd like to lose, I can buy myself a goodie. What I'd really like is a nice, high-end wallet - something great quality that will last for years. Maybe something like a Ferragamo continental wallet. I'm already motivated for a morning run tomorrow!

Anyone tried a plan like this before to achieve a goal? Did it work?

I'll keep ya posted on my progress!

Yes, this is a great way to lose weight! I lost 20 lbs in 3 months with diet and exercise (less caloric intake though of the same foods, just less of it and brisk walking 1-2 miles a day)... And my reward awaits me at the end of July. Something quite similar to your HG! Another 10 lbs I will reach my ideal weight, at which point I will treat myself to another nice bag!

This worked for me because I was realistic with myself... I hate running and I accept my new eating habits as a new way of life not merely a diet, so it's not temporary...I have to agree with Kate Moss, 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'

I think I had the whole food as treat or comfort all wrong. At the end of a diet I used to treat myself to some extra dessert or when I'm down I turned to food for comfort... All a no no. Food is for nourishment, and fine food is for treating the senses, not for enduring the loss of food for a little while, self torture. Dieting or my new way of life is not temporary torture but for the overall good of my body and mind.... is how I see it! How sweet the victory at the end of this fruitful journey with a beautiful treat that holds my life's belongings!

I wish you luck in your journey and I hope you get your Ferragamo in the best of health!

Crazy4Handbags said:
Yes, this is a great way to lose weight! I lost 20 lbs in 3 months with diet and exercise (less caloric intake though of the same foods, just less of it and brisk walking 1-2 miles a day)... And my reward awaits me at the end of July. Something quite similar to your HG! Another 10 lbs I will reach my ideal weight, at which point I will treat myself to another nice bag!

This worked for me because I was realistic with myself... I hate running and I accept my new eating habits as a new way of life not merely a diet, so it's not temporary...I have to agree with Kate Moss, 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'

I think I had the whole food as treat or comfort all wrong. At the end of a diet I used to treat myself to some extra dessert or when I'm down I turned to food for comfort... All a no no. Food is for nourishment, and fine food is for treating the senses, not for enduring the loss of food for a little while, self torture. Dieting or my new way of life is not temporary torture but for the overall good of my body and mind.... is how I see it! How sweet the victory at the end of this fruitful journey with a beautiful treat that holds my life's belongings!

I wish you luck in your journey and I hope you get your Ferragamo in the best of health!

Thanks, C4H! I actually lost a slew of weight a couple of years ago, using that mentality. But it's been creeping back on over the last 6 months when I backslid to stinkin' thinkin'. Lots of stress and I turned to food as comfort. Bad, bad, bad. I tend to stay focused on making that lifestyle switch when I have a goal. Initially, it was my 20-year high school reunion...had to look hot (and I did!). And I did great at maintaining for 18 months after staying on point with eating well, with the occasional treat, and working out 6 days a week.

Then I guess I just got overwhelmed with work and personal stress and picked the wrong outlets for relief. So...hoping a fun goal will get me redirected and refocused. And i plan to start using workouts as my best stress relief! I know what I need to do...just need to get off my butt and do it!!! :biggrin:

Thanks, C4H! I actually lost a slew of weight a couple of years ago, using that mentality. But it's been creeping back on over the last 6 months when I backslid to stinkin' thinkin'. Lots of stress and I turned to food as comfort. Bad, bad, bad. I tend to stay focused on making that lifestyle switch when I have a goal. Initially, it was my 20-year high school reunion...had to look hot (and I did!). And I did great at maintaining for 18 months after staying on point with eating well, with the occasional treat, and working out 6 days a week.

Then I guess I just got overwhelmed with work and personal stress and picked the wrong outlets for relief. So...hoping a fun goal will get me redirected and refocused. And i plan to start using workouts as my best stress relief! I know what I need to do...just need to get off my butt and do it!!! :biggrin:

Oh, I hear ya! I'm all too familiar with stress and linking food to stress. I've had some major health problems because of stress, I decided that it's time to take control over my domain that is my body and state of mind or I may perish. People underestimate the power of stress and its effects... They think stress can be undone easily like a minor inconvenience, but our minds are a bit more complex than that. I like that you are going to use working out as stress relief and I am totally rooting for you!

Crazy4Handbags said:
Oh, I hear ya! I'm all too familiar with stress and linking food to stress. I've had some major health problems because of stress, I decided that it's time to take control over my domain that is my body and state of mind or I may perish. People underestimate the power of stress and its effects... They think stress can be undone easily like a minor inconvenience, but our minds are a bit more complex than that. I like that you are going to use working out as stress relief and I am totally rooting for you!

Aww..thank you! That really helps. Support is a huge factor, too! DH is on board and ready to recommit to healthy living, so we're off to a good start!

Status
Not open for further replies.