military color + denim transfer

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I just got my first PS bag - a beautiful military keepall. I'm not too worried about it getting dirty as the color is fairly dark. I usually spray my bags with Wilson's or Apple Garde.
However, I had a recent experience with my dark jeans transferring color to a light colored bag. (These jeans have been washed several times)

So......I can just spray the bag with my usual product
or get the Vectra
or not wear the bag with the dark jeans that created the problem

or maybe military is dark enough that jeans transfer won't be noticeable

anyone with advice?

thank you

Maybe this is a dumb question, but isn't the Keepall a shoulder bag? It theoretically wouldn't be resting against the jeans much?

Either way, I would think Military is dark enough to where transfer, if any, wouldn't be very noticeable.

the other bag I was carrying was a shoulder bag too
somehow with me wearing a fairly short top, the bag managed to rub on the jeans
possibly the PS bag may hang a bit shorter than the other bag though
thanks for reply

Maybe this is a dumb question, but isn't the Keepall a shoulder bag? It theoretically wouldn't be resting against the jeans much?
Either way, I would think Military is dark enough to where transfer, if any, wouldn't be very noticeable.

Personally, I'd treat the bag, just for peace of mind. I'm sure you could likely use what you have, rather than specifically getting the Vectra. However, I personally think the Military is dark enough that you really shouldn't have to worry about denim transfer. HTH!

The strap drop on the KA is pretty generous. I have the LKA, and I'm short, so if I'm wearing a shirt tucked in with a belt, or a cropped sweater or whatever, the base of the bag definitely comes in contact with my jeans.

Maybe not on an SKA, though?

I say apply the Vectra! If nothing else, the product will help deflect water spots, etc. I even use it on black bags to avoid stains/spots caused by regular contact with skin oils, etc.

Personally, I'd treat the bag, just for peace of mind. I'm sure you could likely use what you have, rather than specifically getting the Vectra. However, I personally think the Military is dark enough that you really shouldn't have to worry about denim transfer. HTH!

The strap drop on the KA is pretty generous. I have the LKA, and I'm short, so if I'm wearing a shirt tucked in with a belt, or a cropped sweater or whatever, the base of the bag definitely comes in contact with my jeans.

Maybe not on an SKA, though?

I say apply the Vectra! If nothing else, the product will help deflect water spots, etc. I even use it on black bags to avoid stains/spots caused by regular contact with skin oils, etc.

The strap drop on my SKA is about the same as the drop on the bag that got the denim transfer.
I'll give the bag a good protective treatment.
thanks for both your advice.
:smile:

Hi ladies, newbie here! I have been reading for awhile and just got the nerve to post! Color transfer from jeans is a PAIN and has ruined not only bags but my car seats. I got an old trick from my mom that usually works (especially with red clothes). Wash the clothes the first 2x in cold water and a cup of white vinegar. Dry in as hot of a dryer as the garment can stand. This has worked for me many times. Not very successful with the "pony" logo jeans, however.
I use Cadillac leather treatment on all my bags. Hope this helps!

Hi ladies, newbie here! I have been reading for awhile and just got the nerve to post! Color transfer from jeans is a PAIN and has ruined not only bags but my car seats. I got an old trick from my mom that usually works (especially with red clothes). Wash the clothes the first 2x in cold water and a cup of white vinegar. Dry in as hot of a dryer as the garment can stand. This has worked for me many times. Not very successful with the "pony" logo jeans, however.
I use Cadillac leather treatment on all my bags. Hope this helps!

thanks Murphy....I may try the vinegar
I won't put my jeans in the dryer though.....don't want them to shrink in length