Micro dilemmas of a petite girl...advice/help?

AmeeLVSBags said:
Call the Dallas Barney's, they had plenty of Micros last weekend, they should have some still in stock.

I am 5'2" and use a mini everyday. I think a lot of it, is what your built is, I am short but not very slim or skinny, carrying a micro just made me look shorter and fatter. But a mini looked more proportional to my built. If you have access to try them out, that's the best advice I can give.They are not that hard to find, if you put a little bit of effort into it.

Thank you! If you know a good SA for Barney's Dallas please let me know. I wish I could physically hunt around and try things on but I'm currently in the US for business/work & usually buy bags when I'm in Asia so it's hard to find a day off as well as not being completely familiar w hunting down bags here. Hopefully next week I'll have a day off to shop seriously! xox

I would suggest getting a micro, but it is ultimately your preference. I'm 5'2 and I thought the micro was a better size and weight....sadly, I'm letting mine go to a better owner.

Thank you! If you know a good SA for Barney's Dallas please let me know. I wish I could physically hunt around and try things on but I'm currently in the US for business/work & usually buy bags when I'm in Asia so it's hard to find a day off as well as not being completely familiar w hunting down bags here. Hopefully next week I'll have a day off to shop seriously! xox

My SA is Taraneh but anyone of the SA will charge over the phone and mail it to you.

(469) 221-4700

aaaah. if I can't find a micro I was just going to go for the bronze phantom w blue piping.....but maybe I should reconsider? thanks porpentine xox

Oh, hey, don't be put off from getting the phantom. Its a lovely bag, but just remember won't look tiny on you, it will be noticed and will add a striking touch of your appearance. I use mine every day and love it. I feel its not as heavy as the mini.

of course I am also going to buy a micro now. :smile:

I'm 5ft tall, and while I prefer the weight of the micro, and the fact that it bumps into people less because it's smaller, I actually think it looks slightly porportionally weird on me, although I love how it looks in all the mod pics here.

porpentine said:
Oh, hey, don't be put off from getting the phantom. Its a lovely bag, but just remember won't look tiny on you, it will be noticed and will add a striking touch of your appearance. I use mine every day and love it. I feel its not as heavy as the mini.

of course I am also going to buy a micro now. :smile:

Oh no...now my heart is leaning for the phantom too!! I guess the perfect solution is to get both, huh? ;)

I just bought my first Celine - a Micro luggage tote in jungle. The Celine store in NYC has lots - both in smooth and drummed leather. Barney's in nyc also has a couple, but only the tri-color. I would try calling the Celine store in NYC and see if they can ship it to you!

stellarr, i am 5'0" as well and i have a micro. the mini is way too big on my frame so i would keep hunting for a micro. i say keep checking the shopping intels thread and just jump on one that you see!

here's a photo reference of me & my micro:
559528_10151591986680051_2060843833_n.jpg

I just bought my first Celine - a Micro luggage tote in jungle. The Celine store in NYC has lots - both in smooth and drummed leather. Barney's in nyc also has a couple, but only the tri-color. I would try calling the Celine store in NYC and see if they can ship it to you!

That's funny, the last time I called they said they were out of black or dune micros :sad:

I ended up getting a mini, I think I'll aim for a micro in the fall. Thank you for your help!

stellarr, i am 5'0" as well and i have a micro. the mini is way too big on my frame so i would keep hunting for a micro. i say keep checking the shopping intels thread and just jump on one that you see!

here's a photo reference of me & my micro:
a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/559528_10151591986680051_2060843833_n.jpg

Wow, your micro looks beautiful!!! May I ask what color that is?
After searching and calling up many stores I gave up and ordered myself a black mini. Hopefully because I'm used to carrying big bags I will be able to carry a mini okay. But my heart still lies on getting a micro too some day! xox

Wow, your micro looks beautiful!!! May I ask what color that is?
After searching and calling up many stores I gave up and ordered myself a black mini. Hopefully because I'm used to carrying big bags I will be able to carry a mini okay. But my heart still lies on getting a micro too some day! xox

It's bicolor black/white!

They never know when they get shipments, so I think sometimes you have to keep calling. I called last Tuesday, they had no Micros in drummed leather. But then on Friday morning, they got a whole shipment and had it in black, dune and jungle, and also this bright orange color!

I got the Micro but it doesn't hold much stuff .. thinking I will get a mini before I hear about the next price increase!

That's funny, the last time I called they said they were out of black or dune micros :sad:

I ended up getting a mini, I think I'll aim for a micro in the fall. Thank you for your help!

hi! i am actually aiming to purchase a micro luggage in NYC during my 4-day stay there between august & september. i specifically want the micro in drummed Souris. Do you have an SA that I can contact and ask about the stock of the drummed Souris micro before I head there?

Thank you!