Baby Sage ears solution????

eclipsemi

Jul 9, 2010
The ears on my woven baby sage are annoying me so much! I've tried to soften the leather my pressing them down often but that does not help. :pout:
Finally today I got an idea:bulb:. I ran water through the ears for a minute each and then tied down the ears and put something on each end to apply pressure in the hopes that once dry they will STAY down.
Has anyone tried this with success? My bag is still drying and I figure I'll leave it like that for about three days. If it works I'll post a picture if anyone is interested.

The ears on my woven baby sage are annoying me so much! I've tried to soften the leather my pressing them down often but that does not help. :pout:
Finally today I got an idea:bulb:. I ran water through the ears for a minute each and then tied down the ears and put something on each end to apply pressure in the hopes that once dry they will STAY down.
Has anyone tried this with success? My bag is still drying and I figure I'll leave it like that for about three days. If it works I'll post a picture if anyone is interested.

I've heard of softening cowboy boots that way with water, but not purses. Let us know how it turns out.

I just filled my bag, hung it by short straps over a doorknob and put 2 soup cans in the long handle and left it overnight for a few nights. Seems to be breaking them in. I would worry about water spots with your method. I would try drying them with a hairdryer so you don't get rings.

I just filled my bag, hung it by short straps over a doorknob and put 2 soup cans in the long handle and left it overnight for a few nights. Seems to be breaking them in. I would worry about water spots with your method. I would try drying them with a hairdryer so you don't get rings.
My bag is black, can water spots still be seen on a black bag?

I was having the same issue. I just hung my bag upside down by the long strap with my stuff in it. Seemed to have worked great! Here are some pics

Attachments

• P1030096.jpg
    P1030096.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 382
  • P1030095.jpg
    P1030095.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 373