Sent the wrong eye palette =Cold turkey

**shoelover**

Over the Rainbow
O.G.
Aug 19, 2008
I sold a eye makeup palette (mac special edition, 2 identical cases) via bay to a lady in the EU. I sent the pallete. the lady contacted me to tell me the item was not correct. It triggered I'd sent the wrong palette. She got back to me saying she would like to buy the palette of me and the orginal she purchased via bay.

Told the lady no I wasn't willing to sell it and to return it. I would send the correct palette PP costs were all on me. The lady always emailed me in the evening. I've checked today and now she's gone cold on me.

What do I do now?

I sold a eye makeup palette (mac special edition, 2 identical cases) via bay to a lady in the EU. I sent the pallete. the lady contacted me to tell me the item was not correct. It triggered I'd sent the wrong palette. She got back to me saying she would like to buy the palette of me and the orginal she purchased via bay.

Told the lady no I wasn't willing to sell it and to return it. I would send the correct palette PP costs were all on me. The lady always emailed me in the evening. I've checked today and now she's gone cold on me.

What do I do now?
When was the last time you heard from her? Maybe she doesn't want to fork over the extra cost to ship the wrong pallette back to you? Maybe she has a friend who wants the wrong pallette? I guess I wouldn't worry about it if it's only been a few days of non-correspondence. :shrugs: Perhaps she's just weighing her options.

I don't think she is under any obligation to return the wrong one to you. I bet she is mad that you won't sell it to her, and she probably doesn't want to go to the trouble to send it back.

My guess would be she wants to keep the one you sent her. Sounds like she wants it too and since she already has it and has paid (for the first one) she's going to try to get by with just not communicating any longer and keeping things the way they are, hoping you drop it. I'm not really sure if there's anything you can even do.

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do. Seems like you might be dealing with a buyer who isn't too concerned with doing the right thing. She seems to think she can just keep what you sent her even though it's not the item she won and paid for. Pretty unfair. I mean would these people keep an item of higher value that had been sent to them in error? That's not much better than theft. Hope you hear back from her and that she returns it to you, but my feeling is you may have lost it. :sad:

When was the last time you heard from her? Maybe she doesn't want to fork over the extra cost to ship the wrong pallette back to you? Maybe she has a friend who wants the wrong pallette? I guess I wouldn't worry about it if it's only been a few days of non-correspondence. :shrugs: Perhaps she's just weighing her options.

I heard from her on the 4th July and nothing since. She was regularly emailing me before I told her no I would like the palette back.
Terms of shipping I was going to pay for her to send it back to me. I was going to refund her original PP costs so I wasn't charging her for any PP costs.
Maybe she does want the palette for her friend..guess I will never know if she doesn't get in contact with me.

Oh! I am so fed up reading about Evilbay and all the things that go wrong - it makes me sick!

I would have agreed to sell her the original palette, taken the money and then not sent it to her until she returned the other palette you sent by mistake!

I know it's wrong - but there comes a time when it's just to fight fire with fire!

Oh! I am so fed up reading about Evilbay and all the things that go wrong - it makes me sick!

I would have agreed to sell her the original palette, taken the money and then not sent it to her until she returned the other palette you sent by mistake!

I know it's wrong - but there comes a time when it's just to fight fire with fire!

Think it's too late to do this? Surly if I keep her money she would open a case with ebay?

But this wouldn't be an eBay transaction would it? :graucho:

just a paypal transaction.

Please don't sink to her level. The buyer could just file an INR for the PayPal transaction concerning the second palette and would receive a refund when you were unable to provide tracking.

If I were you, I'd cut my losses. If it were me, at this point, I wouldn't do any further business with her regarding correcting your mistake. Remember, she could still leave you negative feedback.

I'm very sorry this happened and I'm in no way trying to blame you for an honest mistake. It sucks that she won't work things out, but it serves as a reminder to be extra careful next time.