Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

I only know bits and pieces. By the time I came upon her YT channel in March last year, she had stopped making videos and blogging. I guess she became ill in the early part of 2011 (or late 2010?), and there were people who'd purchased things that she was selling on her blog, but they say that they never received them. Then one of her family members posted about how she had been hospitalized and that was why she was MIA. Meanwhile, people were still waiting for either their products or a refund if they couldn't receive their products.

But I think that's where it's left off.

I can't do any kind of twist/braid/cornrow ON the scalp...I try but it's not as good as my loose ones.
So, I recently discovered the joy of flat twisting my hair. I can't cornrows for nothing in this world, but I was looking for a way to stretch my hair (since I get lovely shrinkage). Before I was just doing individual twists and then taking them out the next morning, but then last week I thought to try a technique I saw on Naptural85's channel earlier this year.

Here are the results.

Ok ladies. I made a copy of the Curly Girl Handbook Extended Edition (the newest one). I have it in PDF format. If you would like a copy, please send me a Public Message as my Private msgs are full. All I ask is that you don't load it to a public or storage site, or sell it (I know this sounds crazy, but people do it).

Thanks in advance.

So far, I'm still goint strong with my growing out phase using the wash n go method and I'm loving it! I'm just doing the cowash, no shampoo/sulfate free or other wise, but I'm thinking of adding this.

Using the Tresame Botanicals and just bought some Giovanni Deep conditioner.

I will try to take a pic of my hair at some point.

DC question: didn't you have your hair cut the 'Deva Curl' way one time? And if so, how did they go about doing that on kinky/AA textured hair VS looser curls and waves?

I did a big chop a year ago, I had about a half inch of hair. I have been doing wash and go ever since. My hair is about six inches now. I now usually wear a curly puff/bun. I am loving my hair. I wash it in the shower apply a little oil, rake through a ping pong ball size amount of gel, shake and go. Love it!

can someone tell me in like the simplest terms ever.. what does the Curly Girl Method entail? I'm trying to decide if I want to try it when i take my braids out in 2 weeks. And every search i come up with is so wordy

I did the CG method with a friend earlier this year and it was ok. Once our time was over I was glad to get back to shampoo. I tried a conditioning cleanser (from Sally's, my friend bought it) & the Deva No Poo and it was not enough for me. I had build up on my hair & scalp & my hair felt heavy. My hair does not feel dry or brittle but very soft & moisturized when I use shampoo; it's about what you put on your hair after the shampoo. At the beach last year, I shampoo'd my hair everyday after being in the water & sand & had no problems with my hair feeling dry.

Since stopping the CG method, I've been pulling products (gels & whatnot) from my cabinet to try again. I have hang time now & I felt the conditioner & leave-in conditioner was not enough to make my wash n gos last a bit longer than two days. So I've been mixing what I have (also want to finish the products I have) & playing with them on the weekends to see how I like my hair. My curls are even surviving Bikram Yoga, so the gels are holding!

Ok ladies. I made a copy of the Curly Girl Handbook Extended Edition (the newest one). I have it in PDF format. If you would like a copy, please send me a Public Message as my Private msgs are full. All I ask is that you don't load it to a public or storage site, or sell it (I know this sounds crazy, but people do it).

Thanks in advance.

So far, I'm still goint strong with my growing out phase using the wash n go method and I'm loving it! I'm just doing the cowash, no shampoo/sulfate free or other wise, but I'm thinking of adding this.

DC question: didn't you have your hair cut the 'Deva Curl' way one time? And if so, how did they go about doing that on kinky/AA textured hair VS looser curls and waves?

GL with growing the hair out! Definitely post a photo! I like the CG book although I wish she had done a bit more with pictures & discussion on black hair. Curls are curls but considering the mention she gets on the internet & YT, it would have been nice to see more discussion in the book. I use some of her hair recipes. The brown sugar scrub was a MUST when I was doing the CG method.

If you really like the Giovanni products, you can get liter & gallon sizes on massagewarehouse.com. I can't stand those little bottles you get at Walmart/Target.

I would love a copy. Been wanting to read this.

Ladybug09 said:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, u get my hair cut the Deva way. And they just cut hair, no difference between the kinky vs looser curls.

I did the CG method with a friend earlier this year and it was ok. Once our time was over I was glad to get back to shampoo. I tried a conditioning cleanser (from Sally's, my friend bought it) & the Deva No Poo and it was not enough for me. I had build up on my hair & scalp & my hair felt heavy. My hair does not feel dry or brittle but very soft & moisturized when I use shampoo; it's about what you put on your hair after the shampoo. At the beach last year, I shampoo'd my hair everyday after being in the water & sand & had no problems with my hair feeling dry.

Since stopping the CG method, I've been pulling products (gels & whatnot) from my cabinet to try again. I have hang time now & I felt the conditioner & leave-in conditioner was not enough to make my wash n gos last a bit longer than two days. So I've been mixing what I have (also want to finish the products I have) & playing with them on the weekends to see how I like my hair. My curls are even surviving Bikram Yoga, so the gels are holding!

GL with growing the hair out! Definitely post a photo! I like the CG book although I wish she had done a bit more with pictures & discussion on black hair. Curls are curls but considering the mention she gets on the internet & YT, it would have been nice to see more discussion in the book. I use some of her hair recipes. The brown sugar scrub was a MUST when I was doing the CG method.

If you really like the Giovanni products, you can get liter & gallon sizes on massagewarehouse.com. I can't stand those little bottles you get at Walmart/Target.

Thanks for the tip.

Are you reading the most current edition? I heard that expanded on several topics.

but like How? Do they have to pull the curls, do they leave them in place and trim that way? I'm just trying to picture this? And how to they make sure it's done evenly on the tighter curls?

Yes, the curls are pulled and then released, then cut once they have snapped back into place.

The best way to understand the process is to either visit a stylists and watch or search YouTube for a video.

I haven't posted in here in a while. Well, I found a stylist that I like and plan to get a devacut soon. I just can't get enthused by my hair these days and I think a cut is the answer. Plus, I've wanted to get a good shape for a while. I don't know what style I want it to be cut in yet, but I'll try to take before and after pics to share when the time comes.

Ladybug09 said:

Thanks in advance.

I would like a copy! Thank you!!