Marcie or Paraty?

jjl3

Feb 20, 2009
I am trying to decide on my first Chloe bag, the black Marcie or the black Paraty.
They are both gorgeous, but I can't decide. Please help!
Which style looks better on a small frame? I am 5"1

Last edited:
I vote paraty! I adore paraty, just purchased another one from ******. They are having a July 4 sale until Friday and there is a black paraty right now. A black paraty is on my list as well. Code is 100off4th, you get $100 off and free shipping!

I vote paraty! I adore paraty, just purchased another one from ******. They are having a July 4 sale until Friday and there is a black paraty right now. A black paraty is on my list as well. Code is 100off4th, you get $100 off and free shipping!

How long have you had your Paraty? I'm worried that the handles will get 'floppy'. Is that a stupid question? :biggrin:

How long have you had your Paraty? I'm worried that the handles will get 'floppy'. Is that a stupid question? :biggrin:

I haven't had my wood paraty for too long. The handles are floppy already, I can't image them getting floppier lol. But it isn't floppy in an ugly way. I just don't think you can go wrong with the paraty. It's shape is so unique, you can wear it so many different ways, and it is so durable. I get compliments every time I wear it! I used to like the marcie too, but the paraty is just such a classy feminine looking bag!:biggrin:

I haven't had my wood paraty for too long. The handles are floppy already, I can't image them getting floppier lol. But it isn't floppy in an ugly way. I just don't think you can go wrong with the paraty. It's shape is so unique, you can wear it so many different ways, and it is so durable. I get compliments every time I wear it! I used to like the marcie too, but the paraty is just such a classy feminine looking bag!:biggrin:

Yeah I agree about the shape. I just love the way it looks. Thanks! I think it's the next bag to purchase. :biggrin:

I am trying to decide on my first Chloe bag, the black Marcie or the black Paraty.
They are both gorgeous, but I can't decide. Please help!
Which style looks better on a small frame? I am 5"1

I have a medium black Paraty and love it! I never tire of its beautiful shape and it goes with everything and looks so classy. I'm 5'5" and I think it's a perfect size. I'm currently saving up for another Chole and Marcie is on my list too. So either way you can't go wrong, just have to go with your instinct and what's going to work for you. Good luck with your decision. Looking forward to hearing which one you go with :smile:

I did it! I bought the Marcie in black....I love it but I am still thinking of the Paraty. I am in Vegas until tomorrow, so I suppose I have the day to change my mind....Am I crazy?? I just can't decide. They have the Paraty in a gorgeous dark grey color (I don't know name of color) but it is stunning.
I just bought a black Givenchy pandora in March that I haven't even worn yet.
Of course, one can never have too many black bags, right?

I love both bags, but think the paraty will be a little more versatile.

I'm 5'2" and the small paraty is a perfect size (I can fit a continental wallet, sunglasses case, key chain pouch, makeup bag, and cell phone in it without it looking stuffed). I find the medium a little too big.

What do you mean by floppy? Have you seen a paraty with floppy handles? I can't imagine it.. The are flat and wide and not really structured like a typical rolled handle so I can't envision what a floppy paraty handle would look like. Maybe I haven't used mine enough?

I did it! I bought the Marcie in black....I love it but I am still thinking of the Paraty. I am in Vegas until tomorrow, so I suppose I have the day to change my mind....Am I crazy?? I just can't decide. They have the Paraty in a gorgeous dark grey color (I don't know name of color) but it is stunning.
I just bought a black Givenchy pandora in March that I haven't even worn yet.
Of course, one can never have too many black bags, right?
Congrats! The dark gray colour may be Rock. Looks to me though so far everyone has voted paraty...but like you said, you still have time =P

What do you mean by floppy? Have you seen a paraty with floppy handles? I can't imagine it.. The are flat and wide and not really structured like a typical rolled handle so I can't envision what a floppy paraty handle would look like. Maybe I haven't used mine enough?
Hey littlerock, I replied to missdennies' question about the floppy handles as well. I guess I understood what she meant by "floppy" and you said it perfectly...they lay flat and aren't your typical structured handles. At least that is what I gathered by "floppy."

^ Yeah, I guess because they are already un-structured handles, I wasn't sure how they would become floppy. Was just trying to understand.

Usually a more structured handle (ala balenciaga) would become floppy once the bag is put to use.

I love both and I intend to get both but I got the paraty first and do not regret it! :biggrin:

Oh I'm only 5"-5"1' and I don't think the medium paraty looks too big on me if that helps.

Thanks everyone for your reply, I am going to head over to the Palazzo shops and have a look again at the Paraty.
Either way, I'm going home with a new bag!!!!:biggrin: